Nolan charge call | The Boneyard

Nolan charge call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saw someone saying the refs were brutal towards UConn, thought this couldn't be further from the truth. The Phil Nolan flop being called a charge was one of the worst calls you will ever see. Nolan fouled the guy didn't have his feet set and then flopped, to top it off Nolan gave a ridiculous little smile to the cameraman. When it rains it pours.

Reaction Score
That was up there with one of the worst block/charge calls I've seen. A blatant block from every angle I saw.

Reaction Score
Saw someone saying the refs were brutal towards UConn, thought this couldn't be further from the truth. The Phil Nolan flop being called a charge was one of the worst calls you will ever see. Nolan fouled the guy didn't have his feet set and then flopped, to top it off Nolan gave a ridiculous little smile to the cameraman. When it rains it pours.

That was a bad call but it made up for the ridiculous block on Facey that was called on the prior possession with 5 seconds on shot clock. Bailout.

Reaction Score
That camera smile was goofy. Tight game and you're clowning, wtf??

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Nolan is a clown.
you just now realizing that?

it was funny last year because there weren't a lot of expectations.
this year there are and it's not so funny anymore.

Reaction Score
Can we talk about Phil's wide open missed dunk. Like he was the only person in the lane. How? Why?

Reaction Score
Phil's defense against Payne was a big, big reason we won the MSU game, and won a title last year.

He isn't just wearing a ring because he kept a seat warm.
Thats great but how long does he get a pass for? That was last year and its over. He has in fact stunk this season. In fact he has stunk since he got to uconn but had his moments in the tourney especially against MSU. You cant live on the past. The same can be said of just about any player on last seasons title run.

Reaction Score
500x281
"We won titles as freshman...let's take the next 3 years off."

Reaction Score
I really like Phil, even with his limitations. But the smile at the camera thing when you are up 2 points against Yale, at home, was just infuriating. Now that the game is over and we actually lost to a gd ivy league team, it's absolutely embarrassing. If you want to do your photobombing and all the other little "funny" things, can you at least make sure we are winning and not embarrassing ourselves?

Reaction Score
his smile was more of a smart ass smirk "just got away with one".

Reaction Score
his smile was more of a smart ass smirk "just got away with one".

was it? if it was, then why did he seek out the camera to do it? seems like that sort of reaction goes towards the teammates and not the camera. it was the same look phil gave after dunking against MSU. just rubbed me the wrong way considering the circumstances.

Reaction Score
was it? if it was, then why did he seek out the camera to do it? seems like that sort of reaction goes towards the teammates and not the camera. it was the same look phil gave after dunking against MSU. just rubbed me the wrong way considering the circumstances.

idk maybe. I was smiling too so who am i to judge.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
the refs had zero impact on the game, although Nolan was an absolute flop all day long

Reaction Score
I didn't see anyone complaining about the refs in last nights game and have no idea why anyone would. They made a couple bad calls but were good all game. Phil's was an absolute block, knee was the initial contact then he fell, awful call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom