Nolan 4 Brimah 5? | The Boneyard

Nolan 4 Brimah 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRV17A

NYC
Reaction Score
Will KO ever go big this year and play PN at the 4 and AB at the 5 together? I understand wanting to keep our best players on the floor but perhaps this could help in the rebounding department?

I bring it up because I was at the games last night and IU is extremely physical. If we don't get some size in there we may have some trouble. Noah Vonleh is a beast.

Reaction Score
Will KO ever go big this year and play PN at the 4 and AB at the 5 together? I understand wanting to keep our best players on the floor but perhaps this could help in the rebounding department?

I bring it up because I was at the games last night and IU is extremely physical. If we don't get some size in there we may have some trouble. Noah Vonleh is a beast.

Daniels was great at rebounding the second half of last year. You'd have to convince me that Nolan is a better rebounder than Daniels, and I don't think he is. He is certainly not in Daniels' league when it comes to offense. I think you'd be weakening the team on both D and O.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what Phil Nolan has done to justify using him for extended minutes at the 4 when the other options are Daniels and Giffey. Two bigs doesn't guarantee better rebounding, but it certainly guarantees that the offense will run a lot less smoothly since better players will be on the bench.

Reaction Score
We need the fouls at the 5. Perhaps later in the season when Nolan and Brimah learn to play a little more carefully this may be possible. But not right now.

Reaction Score
Ofcourse go big when every other team is going small. am I missing something ? we rebounded fine last night. rotations are coming into form. Love any lineup with kromah and Giffey in it, both supreme team players.

Reaction Score
neither Nolan or Brimah have shown that they are better rebounders than our guards, let alone forwards like Giffey and Daniels, so I'm not sure what going big would do.

RRV17A

NYC
Reaction Score
Ofcourse go big when every other team is going small. am I missing something ? we rebounded fine last night. rotations are coming into form. Love any lineup with kromah and Giffey in it, both supreme team players.
I wouldn't say we rebounded fine last night, we were out rebounded, if only by 1 board. I bring it up because like I said IU is very physical compared to the teams we have played. You're right though, I'm not sure AB will do a better job than our starters. He reminds me of a Praying Mantis!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
The team would lose a ton of offensive capability. Neither PN or AB are good passers or low post finishers (other than alley-oops at the rim). Neither are good at moving their feet and would (and have) struggled to cover bigs with driving ability or perimeter shooting skills. Much preferable to have them play better D on traditional post players and be able to adsorb more fouls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom