Noel Thomas is The Real Deal | The Boneyard

Noel Thomas is The Real Deal

Reaction Score
Or his mom nice to hear after all the negative news I hope he makes a ton of money and has a long career

Reaction Score
I find it interesting that they mention TJ Houshmandzadeh coaching him up for this game because I can see some similarities. Both steady, reliable pass catchers. Hoping for the best for Noel. Great representative of the University.

Reaction Score
Great write up. You sure his agent didn't write that? ;)
Would hope that his agent had a hand in ensuring content of a very good marketing piece . ... marketing and sales.... of your on field product.

Reaction Score
Wow, that's a glowing article. Noel does have a pro skill set, at UConn he was a bit inconsistent catching the ball, sounds like he caught everything at the NFLPA camp. That would help his draft position mucho.

Reaction Score
Just curious - do you watch the games

I hate to agree with Palatine, but Noel did have a relatively high drop rate. His drop in the end zone against UCF likely cost us that game.

On the other hand, Noel often caught passes the average WR would not be able to catch.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I hate to agree with Palatine, but Noel did have a relatively high drop rate. His drop in the end zone against UCF likely cost us that game.

On the other hand, Noel often caught passes the average WR would not be able to catch.

Jerry Rice dropped passes just a lot less than other WR's. Same with Noel.

Reaction Score
I can't believe people associate Noel Thomas with drops.

When you are thrown the ball 12 times a game, every game you are going to drop one or even 2.

I'd venture to guess he caught 30 balls last year most receivers would have dropped.

There are NFL WR's that drop more than him.

Reaction Score

When you are thrown the ball 12 times a game, every game you are going to drop one or even 2.

I'd venture to guess he caught 30 balls last year most receivers would have dropped.

Especially when you don't trust your QB to put the ball into a good window. When you have to be prepared for any outcome on a thrown pass, it makes receiving that much harder. WRs with good QBs don't have that worry.

Reaction Score

Agree- his hands are a bit unreliable at times. But, in all other respects, he's NFL material. He'll land somewhere. Too bad we didn't have a competent passing game- the stats he would have racked up would haven been huge.

Reaction Score

12 "drops" would be a lot. If a receiver "dropped" 24 balls, he'd probably be moved to DB.

He made spectacular catches, but he had a few bad drops, but the ball placement on our passes lacked consistency and I'm sure that contributed to said drops. With NFL QB, he could probably be lights out. Wonder what he will run for a 40 time.

Reaction Score
Noel Thomas is as near a lock to succeed in the NFL as just about any player in the country. He's strong, fast, smart, disciplined and physically blessed. He could have been a program changing player under a different coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom