Noel Drops in Bobcats Lap - They Select Zeller | The Boneyard

Noel Drops in Bobcats Lap - They Select Zeller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Living in North Carolina now I want so bad to be a bobcats fan, but my god it's hard...

Reaction Score
Honestly, I think Zeller will be a good pro. I have no idea about Noel.

Reaction Score
noel is no better than biyombo. atleast with zeller you get some offense

Reaction Score
I don't see how Noel is anymore of a sure thing than Zeller is. Also, MJ has turned over personnel moves to Rich Cho.

Reaction Score
Also, is Noel's height including his high top, cuz it seemed like him and Battier were damn near eye to eye and Battier is about 6'8"

Reaction Score
Wrong

Well, when you put it like that....

Noel is going to be a solid NBA player but he's not going to be a star, and there are plenty of NBA scouts that are bearish on him. Meanwhile, Zeller has supposedly shown off a much more diverse offensive game in workouts than he did at Indiana, and he graded out higher athletically than Chris Bosh and LaMarcus Aldridge, so it's not as if this is some crazy pick.

So why do you think it's "wrong"?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The Bobcats need some offense. Putting Noel with MKG and Biyombo would have been cruel to Kemba. His assist-per-game average would have been negative.

Ern, I think maybe he was saying that Noel is better than Biyombo.

Reaction Score
The Bobcats need some offense. Putting Noel with MKG and Biyombo would have been cruel to Kemba. His assist-per-game average would have been negative.

Ern, I think maybe he was saying that Noel is better than Biyombo.

But Kemba can lob it up there for Noel & Noel can dunk it home. Noel could have helped Kemba's assists. Plus BCats need defenders in the paint too. Zeller has struggled against stronger & more athletic players...

Reaction Score
Do the bobcats still have mullens? I can see him and zeller sharing minutes at the 4

Reaction Score
Do the bobcats still have mullens? I can see him and zeller sharing minutes at the 4

Similar players... Offense, no defense. Zeller is more athletic, but less of a shooter.

Reaction Score
There was no great choice but since Noel was the consensus #1 and slid, why not just take him and trade him if you don't like him?

Reaction Score
I don't like the Zeller pick much when Ben McLemore was still on the board, but Nerlens Noel would have been a bad fit in Charlotte, IMO. Between him, Kidd-Gilchrist, and Biyombo, you're talking about three guys who couldn't get their own shot in college (or in Bismack's case, wherever he played amateur ball). Him and Biyombo are extremely redundant in the frontcourt together and you're setting back half-court basketball 50 years if you're using Bismack, Nerlens, and Kidd-Gilchrst as a threesome.

Reaction Score
I was shocked to hear that Zeller had the athleticism that he showed in the combine.

Reaction Score
I liked McLemore as a floor spacer for them, but he might not be a huge upgrade right away over Henderson. Hard to see Zeller as more than a solid guy who doesn't hurt you but won't win you games - a little disapoointing that they fell to fourth in the first place and then get kind of a meh player. Maybe Zeller will be better than I think, though - his vertical numbers were great for a seven-footer

If nothing else, this draft has been good for our guys. The Wiz took a wing and not a big (Okafor) or a guard (Price). Not sure if Ben is back in Charlotte next year, but McElmore could have forced him out. The Pistons took a two guard and not a shooting forward (CV). Zeller perhaps gets in Adrien"s way - haven't loooked at contract situations and everything, so this is somewhat of an uneducated post.

Reaction Score
Zeller was a top 5 pick last year. smart move. could be a white LA. People who think they should have drafted Noel are clueless. Mclemore wouldn't have been a good fit he needs a better infrastructure to thrive. mike Malone a great coach for him

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I was hoping for McLemore, but Zeller's fine.

Reaction Score
I could care less about how Zeller rated athletically at the combine and that Bilas says he's the most athletic big guy in the draft. I watched a lot of Zeller and Nerlens and Noel is a much better athlete. Zeller was exposed so badly when he played against athletic teams with any sort of size. He couldn't even finish layups when matched up against an athlete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom