2020 Recruiting: - Noah Collier | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Noah Collier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lol. I see you've given up on the Collier angle. At least I was convincing enough there ;)

You can't have one decent ballhandler on the floor. We would be destroyed if Jackson, with his current skillset, was playing that role. He makes Vital look like pistol pete.

How do you know his shot has improved? I know solid local coaches that disagree.

Having THE BUILD means you're able to play a position? That's ridiculous. Ask Sid Wilson. He looks like a 2. Good luck with that.

Sid was forced to play 4 in a pinch because of personnel limitations. Same would be true for Jackson. Ideally it never has to happen.

You're right, his handle won't get any better between now and when he plays in college. Sid played very limited minutes at the four this year, and got bullied every second on defense, so yes, build is important for a post player, but I am glad you are backing off your Andre at the four argument now ;).

Andre is a 3 and more a 2 than a four, both Polley and Sid would play the four more than Andre if he came here.

Also, if Sid looks like a 2, then I would like to have whatever you are drinking!

Reaction Score
You're right, his handle won't get any better between now and when he plays in college. Sid played very limited minutes at the four this year, and got bullied every second on defense, so yes, build is important for a post player, but I am glad you are backing off your Andre at the four argument now ;).

Andre is a 3 and more a 2 than a four, both Polley and Sid would play the four more than Andre if he came here.

Also, if Sid looks like a 2, then I would like to have whatever you are drinking!

Sid is 6'7 (really more like 6'5) and 180lbs. He has the body of a 2 guard on a really good college team, and certainly in the NBA.

I never once said 4 was Andre's ideal position. Only that it is more likely that he plays the 4 than he plays the 2. Which is still 100% true. I hope he comes here, I manage to remember this, and can manage to get you to eat crow. You CANNOT have an underskilled 2 in college. There are too many high quality guards and teams that go small. You can manage with an underskilled 4 simply because there aren't a lot of very good bigs any more.

I think you're forgetting I'm speaking about defense. Offensive "positions" are pretty irrelevant to me. 2 guards, 2 wings, and a big seems to be Hurley's style.

His handle will get better--duh. He's not turning into a guard in the next year. Skill development doesn't work that way for the vast majority of players.

I'm not going to convince you clearly. I'm just shocked how you could believe that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Also, what higher ranked 4 is UConn after?

We're not. We're looking for a guard, wing/forward, and center primarily, as stats pointed out. Collier is probably being recruited as a developmental wing.

Reaction Score
Sid is 6'7 (really more like 6'5) and 180lbs. He has the body of a 2 guard on a really good college team, and certainly in the NBA.

I never once said 4 was Andre's ideal position. Only that it is more likely that he plays the 4 than he plays the 2. Which is still 100% true. I hope he comes here, I manage to remember this, and can manage to get you to eat crow. You CANNOT have an underskilled 2 in college. There are too many high quality guards and teams that go small. You can manage with an underskilled 4 simply because there aren't a lot of very good bigs any more.

I think you're forgetting I'm speaking about defense. Offensive "positions" are pretty irrelevant to me. 2 guards, 2 wings, and a big seems to be Hurley's style.

His handle will get better--duh. He's not turning into a guard in the next year. Skill development doesn't work that way for the vast majority of players.

I'm not going to convince you clearly. I'm just shocked how you could believe that.

This is what I’ve been saying. Sid is NOT a 4 by any means. If he’s playing the 4, I have a problem with that. I think he’s a 3 in college and then a 2/3 in the NBA. He is 6’5 175 pounds. Anyone who wants a guy with that size playing the 4 is mistaken. He has a bright future in a UConn jersey, just not playing the 4.

Reaction Score
This is what I’ve been saying. Sid is NOT a 4 by any means. If he’s playing the 4, I have a problem with that. I think he’s a 3 in college and then a 2/3 in the NBA. He is 6’5 175 pounds. Anyone who wants a guy with that size playing the 4 is mistaken. He has a bright future in a UConn jersey, just not playing the 4.

He wasn't great at the 4. A couple times he looked alright just because the opponent was so bad and he could compensate with athleticism. Definitely not a long-term solution. We're going to be relying on Akok to be an immediate performer.

Reaction Score

We are just going to have to disagree. I believe Andre is a 2/3. Looking at his development from his time as a freshman is night and day. Every aspect of his game has improved and he is way more than just a pogo stick now. I'll be interested to see what he looks like with City Rocks this summer.

BCF

Reaction Score
Another person not reading my posts before responding. Good work bud.

I'm saying that in a major personnel pinch (like Sid this year), he could fill in at the 4 more easily than he could the 2. Meaning that Polley and Akok both have 5 fouls and broke their tibia too. The NCAA has ruled Kenya ineligible. No recruits are in-house that we could try to get immediately cleared to play.

Neither the 2 or 4 position would be ideal for Andre. There isn't much "tweener" about him. Pure 3.

And it would really depend on the matchup more than anything. Matchup is all about defense. Offensively, our 3 and 4 are pretty similar. If he needed to guard a perimeter 4 with a 3 pt shot (like polley) Andre would be fine. A banger like Cook for Iowa this year would mean we'd have to go bigger somehow.
I read your post bud. Just don't agree with your take even in a pinch

DB24MTN

UConn 2019 NCAA Champions
Reaction Score
This is a prime something out of nothing post, but thought it was interesting. The screenshot is one of his buddies replies to his post about cutting his list to three. Are we still actively recruiting him? If so lets read into those three laughing emojis.

Attachments

• F7CE8ED8-C986-447B-AEAF-CA41B513C288.png
    F7CE8ED8-C986-447B-AEAF-CA41B513C288.png
    819.6 KB · Views: 520
Reaction Score
Nah, but it’s August... what else is their to talk about?!

Some of the schools interested in him earlier have gone in a different direction. He needs to be bigger to do what he does well at the college level, kind of an in-betweener.

Reaction Score
If Hurley wraps up 2020 really quick that is huge... 2021 has 6 open slots to fill and he needs a lot of time to in order to put a good team together in big east play

Reaction Score
If Hurley wraps up 2020 really quick that is huge... 2021 has 6 open slots to fill and he needs a lot of time to in order to put a good team together in big east play

I believe if Hurley signs 2 guys for 2020 that means 4 spots for 2021 with Gilbert Carlton polley and Whaley graduating

if hurley signs 3 guys for 2020 because gilbert isn't coming back for his 5th year then that's only 3 guys for 2021

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Nah, but it’s August... what else is their to talk about?!

Some of the schools interested in him earlier have gone in a different direction. He needs to be bigger to do what he does well at the college level, kind of an in-betweener.

How about people who don't know the difference between there, their and they're?

Reaction Score

I'm not crazy about slasher types at the 3. Give me a 3 who can shoot.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised. I was thinking UConn, Vandy and 'Cuse based on what I've read over the last couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom