No Worries - Stay Tuned | The Boneyard

No Worries - Stay Tuned

C

Chief00

I know it’s been tough on the field this year, particularly the defense.

Due to a suggestion a couple week’s ago, hey Chief can’t you do something similar to Blaze for football? I started throwing around and refining some ideas. I am making great progress. Stayed tuned.

Reaction Score
If we are talking about new assistants, Yale has a heck of a defensive coordinator. He's a Don Brown protege (worked under him for two years) who grew up in Cheshire and watching Yale yesterday I must say this guy has cloned Don Brown's defensive style. Yale was all over the Brown QB yesterday, attacking from every angle.

Yale shutout Holy Cross earlier in the year.

Scheme matters and I personally hate the three man D line.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

If we are talking about new assistants, Yale has a heck of a defensive coordinator. He's a Don Brown protege (worked under him for two years) who grew up in Cheshire and watching Yale yesterday I must say this guy has cloned Don Brown's defensive style. Yale was all over the Brown QB yesterday, attacking from every angle.

Interesting. Would have to give him an exemption to the Coach P zip code exclusion rule that some posters have. I love Don Brown’s defenses. LOL

Reaction Score

Pasqualoni coaching tree. Our high school QB under Addazio. Sean is a good dude.

Reaction Score
Randy and Benedict should definitely speak to Yale's DC.

Here is another name to look at: Todd Bates at Clemson. He is Assistant Coach / Defensive Linemen. Bates was coaching at Jacksonville State, a top 10 program in recent years at the FCS level. Bates is also newer so maybe he could be lured away.

Here is another name: Nate Woody is in his fifth season as Appalachian State's defensive coordinator and his fourth year coaching the Mountaineers' outside linebackers.

UConn may not have the resources to lure away the prominent defensive coaches. If money is available, here is the name to go after: Jimmy Lake at the Univ of Washington.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score

Yale is first in the Ivy, consensus 35-4o nationally. Brown is a bottom-feeder this year. It was a USF/UConn equivalent, as the 34-7 final shows!

Reaction Score
Yale is first in the Ivy, consensus 35-4o nationally. Brown is a bottom-feeder this year. It was a USF/UConn equivalent, as the 34-7 final shows!

2 things about the DC. RE 2.0 is adamant that we can't recruit enough DL to play 4 man front. Didn't we try the successful 1-AA DC with CT roots already?

Reaction Score
thanks chief. UConn athletics wouldn't survive without you. keep those ideas churning.
I hear he’s working night and day on a blue+yellow=green theory

Reaction Score
2 things about the DC. RE 2.0 is adamant that we can't recruit enough DL to play 4 man front. Didn't we try the successful 1-AA DC with CT roots already?
He was adamant he didn’t have enough DT depth to play a 4 man front now not that he couldn’t recruit enough of them.

Reaction Score

Brown sucks. Darien could beat Brown.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom