No Whaley | The Boneyard

No Whaley

Reaction Score
Kids fought hard to be up by 6 points, since then the dumb refs kept calling bull calls which brought Michigan State back. These refs caused us the game period.. I want to fight that ref who called a foul while he’s behind the players at a pretty far distance.

Reaction Score
We go Izzo-ed.

complained to refs that UConn only had 4 fouls in the first half. Refs made up for it. call from ref near half court on Cole. Awful.

MichiganState didn’t have to make a shot down the stretch. All foul shots.

Reaction Score
No one noticed when rese brought the offensive rebound down with about 90 seconds left, and was literally pushed out of bounds, blatant no call? The next play Cole got his 5th and it was over.

Adama is a man, but continuing to let him dribble 8 times, never pass, and chuck up 12 foot hook shots is not a recipe for success, even if he makes SOME of them

Reaction Score
We go Izzo-ed.

complained to refs that UConn only had 4 fouls in the first half. Refs made up for it. call from ref near half court on Cole. Awful.

I know the call agai st Cole was total bull. But do you remember the play just before when Tyrese had that rebound and than strangely refs turned it over the M State. If that instance doesn't happen then the dirty call against Cole doesn't happen. Do you know the Tyrese instant that I'm referring to?

Reaction Score
I know why we lost. The rebounding play at 60-59 by Tyrese Martin was clean. Why did the refs turn that over to Michigan State!!?? That bad call by the refs in my view is why we lost the game. What happened there?
Martin came down out of bounds. I didn't see a replay but that was the call, not a foul

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
After yesterday's game, I was mentally prepared to take 3rd place in Atlantis. But once the kids got a 5 point lead late today, not closing it out was inexcusable. Bad call on Cole, but that shouldn't have been allowed to determine the outcome. Just not heady play.

Hoping Hurley sees Gaff isn't a good 2nd option at PG and starts giving minutes to Sool or others. That Whaley was out all game also suggests that game could've turned in our favor with better D. Not worried longer term, except that this would've been a quality Q1 win.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Kids fought hard to be up by 6 points, since then the dumb refs kept calling bull calls which brought Michigan State back. These refs caused us the game period.. I want to fight that ref who called a foul while he’s behind the players at a pretty far distance.
That Ref should of never made that call. Both their backs were facing him.

Reaction Score
No one noticed when rese brought the offensive rebound down with about 90 seconds left, and was literally pushed out of bounds, blatant no call? The next play Cole got his 5th and it was over.

Adama is a man, but continuing to let him dribble 8 times, never pass, and chuck up 12 foot hook shots is not a recipe for success, even if he makes SOME of them
Yeah, the physics involved with a guy at the boards grabbing a rebound and then landing six feet away, out of bounds is….interesting.

Reaction Score
Hurley needs to figure out his lineups better. Has to figure out inbounds plays and he simply has to draw up much better stuff to close out games. It's always the same problems. We should've won easily yesterday and we should've closed out today where the refs didn't even have a chance to take over. Also, Sanogo is going to get doubled all year, if he can't pass he's going to become almost as much of a liability as he is a dominant low post player. We have a ton of talent and a really good team but there's a lot to work on. Never should've lost to that team.

Reaction Score
Martin came down out of bounds. I didn't see a replay but that was the call, not a foul
I'll have to watch that play again if he was out of bounds...but the view I saw was Tyrese had a solid rebound and he pushed his arm to wave off an M State player. Maybe he was out of bounds, didn't seem clearly explained on tv. But if he kept that possession Uconn keeps the 60-59 lead and has another opportunity to score. Otherwise, the baloney situation with Cole is what happened and is why we lost the game.

Reaction Score
I'll have to watch that play again if he was out of bounds...but the view I saw was Tyrese had a solid rebound and he pushed his arm to wave off an M State player. Maybe he was out of bounds, didn't seem clearly explained on tv. But if he kept that possession Uconn keeps the 60-59 lead and has another opportunity to score. Otherwise, the baloney situation with Cole is what happened and is why we lost the game.
Martin got fouled with the body and the guy had Tyrese's entire arm in his grasp. Just one of the many terrible calls that went against us.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
I know why we lost. The rebounding play at 60-59 by Tyrese Martin was clean. Why did the refs turn that over to Michigan State!!?? That bad call by the refs in my view is why we lost the game. What happened there?
Right, Martin caught the rebound clean then was pushed out of bounds while he was still in the air. Should’ve been a foul on Michigan State.

Reaction Score
We go Izzo-ed.

The officiating was very good throughout the game until the end

yeah I noticed that MSU got all their points at the FT line. Most of those calls I thought were correct, but that last call against Cole was horrible. Bad calls get made, but the worst part about that is that official had no way to see what was happening from where he was standing. He simply had no business making that call-none whatsoever.

I still think UConn should've closed the game out better before it got to that point, but regardless that game changing call was beyond awful.

Reaction Score
Right, Martin caught the rebound clean then was pushed out of bounds while he was still in the air. Should’ve been a foul on Michigan State.
Yep, I agree. This loss stings. But onto our final opponent tomorrow...either Baylor or Arizona State

Reaction Score
I thought so, too. I was surprised Martin didn't get the foul call.

Reaction Score
Losing to a team you’re better than is not fun. I hope it doesn’t become a trend with this group.

Hurley officially makes me nervous.

A bad team getting beaten is one thing. Losing games you should win is harder to take. We saw this enough last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom