Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No wavering for UConn commit Lagow
in.gif

October, 17, 2012
Oct 17 ~ 1:21 PM ET
By Damon Sayles | ESPN.com

Connecticut commit Richard Lagow (Plano, Texas/Plano) is 6-foot-6 and 220 pounds, one of the many assets he possesses as a quarterback.

While his size made him an instant attraction for UConn, it’s been Lagow’s ability to use that size for short-yardage success that has helped Plano win football games. The Wildcats are 4-2 on the year and fighting for a playoff spot in their district.

Lagow’s rushing totals, because of sacks, are almost nil. He has only three yards on 41 attempts. However, Lagow’s seven rushing touchdowns lead the team. Add that to his 1,076 passing yards and four passing touchdowns, and he’s considered a major threat on the football field.

“The backs are doing all the work,” Lagow said of the Plano ground game. “Any time the ball’s inside the 5, that’s when they give me the go-ahead to keep it myself and get it in the end zone. I’m not breaking off any big, 60-yard touchdowns, but being that big, it’s hard to say no on the 1-yard line.”

Lagow, a three-star quarterback, threw for 1,646 yards and 13 touchdowns last season, but it was his play during the spring 7-on-7 season that really caught the attention of scouts and analysts. Lagow led Plano to the Texas state 7-on-7 championship on the Texas A&M campus.

Lagow originally chose UConn in June over interest from Texas Tech, Oklahoma State and Arkansas. He picked up an offer from North Texas and interest from Clemson and Colorado State later in the summer. Recruited by Huskies running backs coach Clayton White, Lagow said UConn is still the one and only place for him.
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/midlands/post?id=6466

Reaction Score
hope u still feel this way come signing day......and if u do, bring neal brown with u. we can use a good OC

Reaction Score
I'm sure he sees he has a shot to play either his first or second year. Whitmer is a step up from last year but not a lock going foward.

Reaction Score
I'm sure he sees he has a shot to play either his first or second year. Whitmer is a step up from last year but not a lock going foward.

I hope by next season Whitmer's a hundred times better... we'll see in the Spring... We should know by Spring... If not then his job's in jeopardy... My opinion... Our QB needs to lead this offense... No room for being so mechanical or controlled (by coaching decisions)... It's his gig to lose for the next 2 seasons... If not, next up: Cochran and/or Lagow

Reaction Score
I think if we stay with this offensive philosophy a taller QB is a must. If we aren't going to run any read option then we need someone who can see the field well and throw a better deep ball than what we have now.

Reaction Score
Would love some consistancy at QB and sincerely hope Whitmer is the starter next year with Cochran as the back up and Lagow redshirts. When Whitmer is a senior Lagow will be a RS freshman and Cochran an RS sophomore. Should one of them be better than Whitmer, so be it. However, having Lagow and Cochran battle it out after Whitmer graduates means Whitmer is at the helm for a full 3 years and will hopefully show great improvement.

I say this with the assumption that the OL will show improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom