No Streaming of Senior Day Ceremonies [but see update pinned at top] | The Boneyard

No Streaming of Senior Day Ceremonies [but see update pinned at top]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Because they don't own the rights.

It's a crazy world we live in.

Reaction Score
So, what exactly happened to SNY's exclusive coverage of our Huskies? I mean, why have they lost the rights to this game and it's not even on ESPN? I think that their broadcast and special UConn coverage are great, but I understood (like CPTV) that SNY was going to do ALL our games? Does someone know?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No, CBSSN has the rights SNY is the coverage of last resort under the IMG management. It is not SNY's choice or they would be giving their best coverage.

Reaction Score
So, what exactly happened to SNY's exclusive coverage of our Huskies? I mean, why have they lost the rights to this game and it's not even on ESPN? I think that their broadcast and special UConn coverage are great, but I understood (like CPTV) that SNY was going to do ALL our games? Does someone know?
SNY has Tier 3 rights. That means they only get the games that no one else wants. I think this year they got 17 games with ESPN+CBSSN picking up the rest. The coverage will get worse if/when we get into a major conference in my opinion. I'm sure SNY would love to have this game, but I guess our Senior Day coverage is going to be locked in CBS's vault forever, and they will dribble out a 30 second highlight clip of it perhaps at halftime or just before tip off.

Reaction Score
And I noted that the game Sat. the 7th (AAC Tournament) that UConn plays will not be televised.... unless you can call ESPN3 "televised"

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
No doubt UConn will professionally record the ceremony...whether they share it with everyone online for free is an open question.

Reaction Score
I can stream espn3 on my 60 inch LG in high def. Maybe you need a technology and equipment upgrade.
Not everyone has access to all the games on ESPN 3. Some games require you to have a certain cable company.

Reaction Score
I must say that it's a little strange that CBS and ESPN keep grabbing the rights to the Senior Day game considering the matchup and it's usually not even the last game of the season. Next year UConn should announce the date, then change it later in the season so SNY will get the game.

Reaction Score
SNY has Tier 3 rights. That means they only get the games that no one else wants. I think this year they got 17 games with ESPN+CBSSN picking up the rest. The coverage will get worse if/when we get into a major conference in my opinion. I'm sure SNY would love to have this game, but I guess our Senior Day coverage is going to be locked in CBS's vault forever, and they will dribble out a 30 second highlight clip of it perhaps at halftime or just before tip off.
I recall that when SNY first took over from CPTV they had a contract for all our games. Then when we switched conferences they lost those rights due to some clause in the contract regarding UConn changing conferences. Something like that?

Reaction Score
Not everyone has access to all the games on ESPN 3. Some games require you to have a certain cable company.
Direct TV just add a free watch ESPN app to customers. FYI

Reaction Score
If I'm not mistaken, SNY showed the complete 2014 Senior Day ceremonies the day or two after the original telecast! But I can't find that they're doing it in 2015?

Reaction Score
UCONN is streaming the senior ceremonies on their website at 1:40pm!

Video LINK Here

"UConnHuskies.com will have a free, live stream of the event. Fans can tune into to the ceremony via the link posted above."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Most every cable/internet provider will give you the ESPN3 exclusive games. Where it gets limited are for the games that are also on TV on the ESPN family of networks. Those are through WatchESPN, which has different rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom