No Springs? Javonte Brown Ferguson? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No Springs? Javonte Brown Ferguson?

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Brown’s dunk at the end shows you can’t teach 7ft. I forget how young he is. He will be a very fun player to watch for the next few years. So much young raw talent Hurley’s staff can work with.
Anyone notice the pass from AJ to Javonte. No look, didn't have the ball but a fraction of a second, bullet right to JB's chest. Nice!

C

Chief00

Anyone notice the pass from AJ to Javonte. No look, didn't have the ball but a fraction of a second, bullet right to JB's chest. Nice!
Chief also noticed the good target JB gave AJ and how he sealed his man. His clever footwork turned a 3-5 foot post shot into a dunk. True, there was a bobble of the ball but Chief was impressed with how JB quickly regained possession and then made a strong dunk.

Reaction Score
Be interesting to c what happens when we play a team with a “big east” type front court. This game was fun to watch- at least in the second half - but let’s remember who we played. I’m all for optimism headed into 2021 and we will see very soon how they take a challenge.

Reaction Score
JB..as with RS.. Is effectively "prepping" a year.. At their young ages.. At the college level vs college players in practice.. With the 2020 eligibility situation.. They will both enter the 2021 season with 4 more years of college eligibility... Whether they end up using all four years remains to be seen.. Outside of the practice venue this year.. They will be challenged for PT except for foul trouble/game situations and/or injury (hoping not the case)..With IW/JC likely gone after this year.. Roster opens up and they will become more relevant..

Reaction Score
I'd like to give it more time before making a declaration like that about Springs. We are super deep and it may be more of a numbers game right now rather than he can't eventually play at this level with more development and experience. If you told me Whaley would be where he is right now a few years ago I would have said you were nuts. You may end up being right. Just very early...

I agree. Also, let’s just say that the 14 days off were different for Springs than the other guys.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score

There's so much to love in this. AJ's pass was pretty incredible. The dunk just shows that Brown's potentially a beast. And Bouk's response on the bench was perfect.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Chief also noticed the good target JB gave AJ and how he sealed his man. His clever footwork turned a 3-5 foot post shot into a dunk. True, there was a bobble of the ball but Chief was impressed with how JB quickly regained possession and then made a strong dunk.
Partial agreement. He did a good job presenting but the opponent was late/lazy and the footwork looked (to me) more like he was chasing the bobble and it worked out. I thought he was going to get hit with a traveling call but then saw he never had the ball while moving.

C

Chief00

Partial agreement. He did a good job presenting but the opponent was late/lazy and the footwork looked (to me) more like he was chasing the bobble and it worked out. I thought he was going to get hit with a traveling call but then saw he never had the ball while moving.
Hey they were playing CCSU.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind that Springs starts next season ..2021.. With four years of eligibility.. Still a young dude..

Is that true for someone who already red shirted? I’m not doubting it but it just seems crazy. I guess that’s just 2020. It would be great to have a 6 year player.

Reaction Score
Is that true for someone who already red shirted? I’m not doubting it but it just seems crazy. I guess that’s just 2020. It would be great to have a 6 year player.
All players this season get an extra year of eligibility, essentially this season doesn't count for anyone

Reaction Score
Because of the unique year that 2020 is and the fact that he has already "redshirted".... RS has 6 yrs to play 4

Reaction Score
All players this season get an extra year of eligibility, essentially this season doesn't count for anyone
Article for everyone who doesn't believe you.

Reaction Score
JB..as with RS.. Is effectively "prepping" a year.. At their young ages.. At the college level vs college players in practice.. With the 2020 eligibility situation.. They will both enter the 2021 season with 4 more years of college eligibility... Whether they end up using all four years remains to be seen.. Outside of the practice venue this year.. They will be challenged for PT except for foul trouble/game situations and/or injury (hoping not the case)..With IW/JC likely gone after this year.. Roster opens up and they will become more relevant..

We can't be sure there's going to be playing time available for IW/JC. IW might consider staying but JC has no shot to play next year with AS, JBrown, AA, RS and SJohnson on the roster.

Reaction Score
We can't be sure there's going to be playing time available for IW/JC. IW might consider staying but JC has no shot to play next year with AS, JBrown, AA, RS and SJohnson on the roster.
I tend to agree with you.. IW has suggested he might consider it.. With the possibility of DC coming on board in 2022.. Pretty stacked at the 4 and 5 positions for the next few seasons.. Early NBA departures will obviously influence this situation .. Just because guys say they want to leave early from college for the League as a career goal (as they graduate from HS) doesn't always translate to reality..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom