No refund when canceling Premium Forum on Scout | The Boneyard

No refund when canceling Premium Forum on Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Just got off the phone with them. They claim no refunds are given once it has been paid for!!

"Your subscription will be honored through your Anniversary Date based on any payments made. Per our Terms and Conditions, no refunds can be given for cancelled subscriptions"

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Just got off the phone with them. They claim no refunds are given once it has been paid for!!

"Your subscription will be honored through your Anniversary Date based on any payments made. Per our Terms and Conditions, no refunds can be given for cancelled subscriptions"
That's the start of the conversation, not the end. You didn't pay for a forum with only ten posters. The site has essentially been shut down. A refund is appropriate. JMO.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
At least they didn't blackball you. That's what Rivals did to me last go-round.

Reaction Score
That's the start of the conversation, not the end. You didn't pay for a forum with only ten posters. The site has essentially been shut down. A refund is appropriate. JMO.

What is funny is if you go to the old site, it says 940 are signed on now, including me, and I am not signed in. Looks like they are playing with the numbers.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
At least they didn't blackball you. That's what Rivals did to me last go-round.
Who knows what will happen. Just posted what they said to me on the Premium Scout site.

CL82

Reaction Score
What is funny is if you go to the old site, it says 940 are signed on now, including me, and I am not signed in. Looks like they are playing with the numbers.
Looks like everyone who is registered is "online".

Reaction Score
That's pretty bush league of Scout to not pro-rate a refund.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Looks like everyone who is registered is "online".

It's bogus for them to show all of the users on-line. It was nice stopping in and showing 0-5 logged-in. I hope people don't see these fake log-in numbers and think it's legit and start posting there.

CL82

Reaction Score
It's bogus for them to show all of the users on-line. It was nice stopping in and showing 0-5 logged-in. I hope people don't see these fake log-in numbers and think it's legit and start posting there.
Fishy was shown at lurking on the board. I suspect that may not be the case. The thing is that they can't fake the traffic, so if you look at the posts the Boneyard regulars are, for the most part, gone. Unfortunately PC fans have scurried in like roaches. They are generating some traffic. I'm sure the novelty will wear off eventually for all bu the very simple minded.

Reaction Score
I never had a premium membership with Scout, so understand that when I ask the following questions:

Why would you get a refund when you paid for the premium content? Not just the message board content, but the articles, the interviews, the recruiting information? If they are still providing that premium content, why should you get a refund? Just because you changed your mind? You can't pay a cover to get into a club, find out that it sucks and then expect your money back because you decided to leave.

If you paid a membership, but only posted on the the message boards, why were you paying for a free service? If Scout stops providing premium content, then everyone has a right to their money back, but other than that I don't see why they should give anyone refunds just because most of the posters decided to post elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom