No props for coach P? | The Boneyard

No props for coach P?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Our guys just had a nice win as 7.5 point dogs. They only let a dangerous QB score one TD. Seemed to make adjustments at half-time improving pass protection. The team stayed strong until the end. Yet the only P related comments here are the 20 or so posts ragging about not taking a knee late. No credit where credit is due from this bunch? We won, y'know.

Reaction Score
No doubt he's responsible for the overall result. When the basics like clock management are overlooked, did they win beacause of, or in spite of him?

Reaction Score
Terrible clock management. He needs to do a better job using timeouts late in the first half. I also don't like the call not to go for it on fourth down on the USF one. The kick-off following the field goal gets returned to our 10.

Reaction Score
If the "these are Randy's players" get blasted for losing then I'm going to give them the credit for winning.

Every game PP gives us something to scratch our heads about. Not impressed yet.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A win is a win is a win. I supported Edsall and he won plenty of games like this one. South Florida is a mystery, no way they should be as bad as they are.

Reaction Score
it was a game I had little hope of winning so if they did than yes he deserves some credit for a win against a good team.

Reaction Score
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Its only his fault when we lose not win.

Reaction Score
So Sean, that would be what.......mediocre?....... a work in progress?....incomplete?......underwhelming?.....less than expected?........about what was hoped for?........surprisingly good given the players?...........unacceptable?.......a fireable offense?

Reaction Score
So Sean, that would be what.......mediocre?....... a work in progress?....incomplete?......underwhelming?.....less than expected?........about what was hoped for?........surprisingly good given the players?...........unacceptable?.......a fireable offense?

Probably pick unacceptable of all of your choices. I just find it weird that people rush to give him so much credit after one week, yet say that all of us haters judge too much off of a few weeks.

Reaction Score
Just happy there isn't a college version of this little tale in Wikipedia today . . . .

In the huddle, the Giants were incredulous when the call came in. "Don't give me the ball," Csonka begged. Other players asked Pisarcik to change the play, but he demurred. Offensive coordinator Bob Gibson had berated him for changing a play the week before and threatened to have him waived if he ever did so again. Offensive coordinator Bob Gibson did not take the time to explain his decision to Pisarcik. As a result, the rest of the offense simply viewed Gibson's call as a power trip. . . . .
Csonka claims that, as he walked away from the huddle, he told Pisarcik he would not take the ball if he went through with it. It is not known whether the quarterback heard him or not, however. Giants coach John McVay's headphones, which normally allowed him to communicate with Pisarcik and Gibson, were not working properly at that point either. McVay has since stated that he would certainly have overruled Gibson had he heard what was coming.
Across the line of scrimmage, the Eagles had not huddled, as defensive coordinator Marion Campbell called for an all-out 11-man blitz. Herman Edwards, who as a defensive back normally would have been several yards deep, was instead close enough to Doug Kotar to talk to him (the Giants player assured him that his team was just going to kneel again). Vermeil later said the blitz made the victory possible.
The Giants wasted several seconds in the huddle in dismay over the play-calling. At the line, Clack saw the play clock winding down and took it upon himself to snap it with 31 seconds left in the game to avoid a delay-of-game penalty, which would have stopped the clock and cost the Giants five yards. Had the Giants knelt on the subsequent play, there still would have been one second left on the game clock once the play clock ran down, requiring a fourth-down play to be run (the play clock at the time was only 30 seconds instead of the 40 that it is today).
Pisarcik, who at the time was distracted making sure Csonka was in position, was unprepared for the snap. It struck his middle finger so hard there was still blood on the nail after the game.
Nevertheless, he held on to the ball after a slight bobble and tried to hand it off to Csonka. Instead, the ball hit Csonka's hip and came loose.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Wow, the guy coached a great game and the haters still refuse to give him credit because of something that didn't happen.

Reaction Score
Wow, the guy coached a great game and the haters still refuse to give him credit because of something that didn't happen.

They're dug in. They aren't going to give up so easily.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
What is he getting credit for? Doing his job?

Hell I should be getting credit everyday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Terrible clock management. He needs to do a better job using timeouts late in the first half. I also don't like the call not to go for it on fourth down on the USF one. The kick-off following the field goal gets returned to our 10.
If they couldn't run it on 3 attempts,why would You try it again?Play action to a tight end on 3'rd down would have been the play to run.

Reaction Score
What is he getting credit for? Doing his job?

Hell I should be getting credit everyday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i get a great kick of seeing your profile pic, good chuckles... all the time lol

Reaction Score
if P played the Vandy game the way he did this one, UConn would be 4-3.
he's learning (about his own team's offensive inabilities, unfortunately)
that said, the red zone inefficiencies must be cleared up, Deleone has to come up w/ a few go-to plays the team can execute

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

An ugly win is a win, bottom line. Especially when it is a conference win. Nobody is complaining about that.

I think everyone is complaining, and rightfully so at Coach P's horrific clock management and decision making we've seen all year, and specifically not kneeling to end the game yesterday. It's just flat out unacceptable.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I give him props. It was a conference win.

Reaction Score
Yes he was a genious for having Lyle run the ball with a minute to go. Lyle needed the work and there was not a chance in the world something could go wrong.
This and at 62 years old and being in football for all of that he still has no clue that you have to have a QB.
The multi demensional player coming off the bench should be given a chance to get experence.

J Mack got sacked 7 freaking times! This and threw four picks the other team dropped. Is it all on the O line that he has no laterl movement?
Mean while McCummings just continues to look good and not get the nod.....This being put in with the other team knowing 90% of the time the play being called is him to run!
PP may survive the year in spite of himself but I do not see it going for more than two....Possibly the game has passed him by. Just like with Randy we are calling the up coming play from the stands, obviously if we are not fooled neither is the opponent.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I give the team props for the win, with a pretty strong USF assist. Pretty scary stuff when the staff forgets about taking a knee. I don't think P gets sole ownership of yesterday's win anymore than he should get sole ownership of the 2-4 start. There's a short view for judging games and seasons and a long view for judging programs and coaching staffs. To conflate the two is to argue for firing the losing coach of every game played.

Reaction Score
If it's true that PP was screaming into the headset during the fiasco my guess is Deleone was catching hell.

Maybe Deleone had a brain fart and thought it was the end of the third quarter. Might have nodded for a minute and got confused. He's not getting any younger you know.

Reaction Score
A win is a win is a win. I supported Edsall and he won plenty of games like this one. South Florida is a mystery, no way they should be as bad as they are.

Plus one on each and every one of those points.

Reaction Score
UConnPete said:
Terrible clock management. He needs to do a better job using timeouts late in the first half. I also don't like the call not to go for it on fourth down on the USF one. The kick-off following the field goal gets returned to our 10.​

If they couldn't run it on 3 attempts,why would You try it again?Play action to a tight end on 3'rd down would have been the play to run.

I think it was the right call to make, the offense was in disarray. There's two possibilities that happened on that 3rd down. Our TE's were playing possum with the USF defense, to try to trick them into not defending a QB sneak, as the TE's and backfiled players are running around in the backfield waving their hands, apparently with no idea what they hell they were supposed to be doing on the play call as the QB is waving people around after the huddle....OR....the offense probably did have some kind of play action pass called out of the huddle, but it got way lost in transition from te sidelines to the huddle to scrimmage, and the QB had nothing to do but tuck and try to run into a bunch of linebackers standing at the goal line.

Take your pick.

It's a new offensive system, so they get a pass, BUT...

If I'm a head coach, I'm pulling the entire offense off the field and reaming them a new exit hole as the field goal unit goes out to get some points.

Great teaching moment on the field, during game time.

This team has shown great ability to learn from mistakes, and I doubt we see a mess like that at the goal line again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom