No one watching USF vs RU? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

No one watching USF vs RU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our defense is faster. That was the point of dropping a safety down to LB and dropping a LB down to DE.

It worked with the LB, not so much at DE. But damnitall if we won't give up trying to have a rush end.

Reaction Score
Our defense is faster. That was the point of dropping a safety down to LB and dropping a LB down to DE.

It worked with the LB, not so much at DE. But damnitall if we won't give up trying to have a rush end.

How can any make a determination of which team is faster? Is faster better? It's absurd.

Reaction Score
Faster is not always better. That was the point of writing my post the way I did. I like dropping a safety down to OLB, but a LB down to DE is sometimes too little mass out there. It's alright on passing downs but on run downs I hate it.

Reaction Score
Here's my question for the two RU goons ITT: are you still going to bash UConn over "only" beating UMass 37-0 when Rutgers could only beat the mighty Howard Bison by a score of 26-0?

Reaction Score
I don't believe I bashed you guys over that win. A win is a win is a win, you know?

My only thing that I would take away from that game is that the run game looks to have taken a step back.

So far we have had a 100 yard rusher each game, you haven't had one yet, and while our offense was ugly in the first two games, it responded nicely against USF, an in conference opponent.

While I don't like to talk negative about conference teams until we have played and beaten them, it is fairly evident that the UCONN offense is going to be a liability moving forward.

Reaction Score
End of the day, both Rutgers and UConn are putting very good to great defenses on the field. Neither Rutgers nor UConn are putting explosive offenses on the field (at least based on what we've seen so far this season). It should be a great game determined by which O minimizes the mistakes (or stated another way, which D makes the biggest plays) and the always important special teams (please kick the ball to Nick Williams....pleeeease). Rutgers will most likely be a 3 - 5 point favorite (IMO). They will have a big chip on their shoulder after we spanked them last year - keeping them from getting a share of their first ever conference title. We will be looking to get a win at RU after literally giving away the last 2 or 3 games down there.

Reaction Score
I would rather turn over the ball on downs than kick it to Williams.

Reaction Score
Rutgers games are always close, they have become our natural rival in what's left of the BE, they should have lost to USF, lets see what they do against a weakend Arkansas team.

Reaction Score
Rutgers games are always close, they have become our natural rival in what's left of the BE, they should have lost to USF, lets see what they do against a weakend Arkansas team.
I hope they kick the crap out of the Razorbacks. That will be a tough road environment, but their D is good enough to cause problems for the Hogs. I will be watching that one Saturday night, and pulling for Rutgers (now I just feel dirty ;) )

Reaction Score
What? Should have lost to USF?

What in the hell..........

For most of the game, it seemed like USF had the slight edge, Rutgers hung around and made them pay. Holtz is a terrible coach, but I give them credit for winning on the road. For 3 qrts, I didn't think Rutgers would win, then USF just imploaded.

Reaction Score
I hope they kick the crap out of the Razorbacks. That will be a tough road environment, but their D is good enough to cause problems for the Hogs. I will be watching that one Saturday night, and pulling for Rutgers (now I just feel dirty ;) )

After the 52 point drubbing, I expect the Hogs to be ready for Rutgers, a win would be great for the BE, especially against the SEC, I just don't see it happening on the road. This will be a very tough game.

Reaction Score
I'm rooting for Arkansas. The only team in America I might root for RU over is BCU or if they needed to beat an in conference team in order for us to win another Big East championship. Other than that.....F em. I hate everything about that school.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I'm rooting for Arkansas. The only team in America I might root for RU over is BCU or if they needed to beat an in conference team in order for us to win another Big East championship. Other than that.....F em. I hate everything about that school.

i'm a huge rutgers al fan. how could any other team fan not be? he is he best rep ever for a school like rutgers on the internet.

Reaction Score
i'm a huge rutgers al fan. how could any other team fan not be? he is he best rep ever for a school like rutgers on the internet.

I found it amusing for a while. But then he jumped the shark and now it's just sad. The guy is just an attention whore.

Reaction Score
unless rutgers cuts way back on their penalties i don't see the hogs losing 3 in a row at home.

Reaction Score
For most of the game, it seemed like USF had the slight edge, Rutgers hung around and made them pay. Holtz is a terrible coach, but I give them credit for winning on the road. For 3 qrts, I didn't think Rutgers would win, then USF just imploaded.

Except for Rutgers out gaining them on the ground, in the air, and winning the turnover margin, you're right we never had a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom