No New Jerseys, No Block C Gear Available | The Boneyard

No New Jerseys, No Block C Gear Available

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Kickoff for game one is in under one week, students arriving back on campus, and we don't have any gear available from the football branding change. Seems like folks have kinda dropped the ball here...what's the wait?

Reaction Score
They'll probably have some stuff at the game.

Wear your old Block "C" gear if you have any. I still have my caps and jerseys.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
For what it’s worth I don’t mind using a block C as the logo but I’m not in love with the Aeropostale version that Randy has latched onto. JMHO

Reaction Score
Once again. Block C sucks.

It beats this nightmare any day of the week.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Let's be clear. The goofy-@$$ re-branding and husky replacement have been horrendous. Block C has always been the only look that makes sense and looks good.

The wordmark looks better than it ever has. I don't even mind the new dog head as a secondary logo. The mascot still needs to go away. The block C had an identity. One they lost the friendly husky head, it was the only recognizable logo left.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Wonder if they’ll have customizable new football jerseys too? Always wanted one.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
The block ‘C’ is dull, unimaginative, and mundane. (Oh, wait! That means it’s probably perfect for our fan base.). A logo should be immediately recognizable and related to the University. A block ‘C’ could make us California, Colorado, Cincinnati, hell we could be Carver High School (for you White Shadow fans). Do we really want to aspire to being Rutgirls (whose ‘R’ on their helmet only confirms they only know the first 18 letters of the alphabet)? Or Minimumsota (what is that anyway...a disabled spider)? Or Purdue ( though we need to cut them some slack...hard to put a shot and a beer on their helmet). Hell, Georgia only had to steal the Green Bay Packers logo.

We’re the UConn Huskies fer chrissake. Can you see a block ‘T’ on Texas helmets? Or a block ‘C’ on Clemson helmets? Or a block ‘M’ for Michigan? If we’re the UConn Huskies, we should have a Husky on our hats.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The only design I really didn't like was "Call of the Wild" Helmets.

I don't mind the Block C, nor the updated husky face on the side of the Helmet. I never really liked the old happy husky logo.

Reaction Score
I love all the unanimity! I guess this is what the Baskin-Robbins boardroom must have sounded like. I much prefer the new Husky over the happy Husky. I also like how it looks on the helmet (as Geordi said-it’s uniquely UConn) but wish it were larger. I also like the block C. If we win, whatever is displayed will be embraced.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The blue block C helmets are HOT, the Husky logo does not look good on the side of a football helmet at all
It would look better if you increased the size 10% and rotated it 10 degrees clockwise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom