No need for finger pointing... | The Boneyard

No need for finger pointing...

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Not everything has to be somebody's fault. SC showed why they're #1 and UConn showed they can compete. Both teams got a taste of tournament level intensity before their respective stretch runs. FWIW, I feel a lot better about running that FF stretch out to 15 than I did yesterday.

Reaction Score
With down to only 5 active players we lost to #1 South Carolina by only 4 points I am very thankful already. Although it could be better if this and if that ... I have no complains just really appreciate those young girl's hard team work effort.

Reaction Score
Amen to all that. To my mind, the most positive development coming out of the game was the sheer disappointment that Aaliyah, Lou, and Aubrey exuded at the post-game presser. Perhaps a symptom of being worn down but more than that a conviction that they could have won this thing.

Reaction Score
With down to only 5 active players we lost to #1 South Carolina by only 4 points I am very thankful already. Although it could be better if this and if that ... I have no complains just really appreciate those young girl's hard team work effort.
Eight players played for UConn yesterday.

Reaction Score
Eight players played for UConn yesterday.
Man you miss the point sometimes.....the poster said ACTIVE players. Not 10 second relief.

Ines scratched her nose a couple of times and then sat back down (committed a foul, which was good at the time)
Amari played about 10 seconds and sat back down.

AP played a good amount, so maybe 6 players played realistically. But again, you missed the point.

Reaction Score
Amen to all that. To my mind, the most positive development coming out of the game was the sheer disappointment that Aaliyah, Lou, and Aubrey exuded at the post-game presser. Perhaps a symptom of being worn down but more than that a conviction that they could have won this thing.
Exactly. That was my thinking as well. They were disappointed but knew that they gave the #1 team a good run and dang near won the game. This has to boost their confidence even more going into the rest of the season. Knowing that they battled the #1 team down to the wire and they were playing with a short bench and missing additional fire power. This has to boost their confidence.

Reaction Score
Not everything has to be somebody's fault. SC showed why they're #1 and UConn showed they can compete. Both teams got a taste of tournament level intensity before their respective stretch runs. FWIW, I feel a lot better about running that FF stretch out to 15 than I did yesterday.
Good post! No game is called perfectly and both programs showed why they are at the top of the sport. It was a great showing by the Iron 5 and SC did what they had to do to win.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Exactly. That was my thinking as well. They were disappointed but knew that they gave the #1 team a good run and dang near won the game. This has to boost their confidence even more going into the rest of the season. Knowing that they battled the #1 team down to the wire and they were playing with a short bench and missing additional fire power. This has to boost their confidence.
Coming off that Georgetown sleep fest, it was what they needed.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They should have played more. Both of them should have been on the court when they need to foul and their two best players had 4 each.
I hear you, but the cost of that is, they would also be on the floor, while Yukon was attempting to run its offense. I hear you, but the cost of that is, they would also be on the floor, while UConn was attempting to run it offense. I think I would rather have the group that was out there.

Reaction Score
I hear you, but the cost of that is, they would also be on the floor, while UConn was attempting to run its offense. I hear you, but the cost of that is, they would also be on the floor, while UConn was attempting to run it offense. I think I would rather have the group that was out there.
They wouldn't need to be on the floor then. When the foul is committed, the ball is dead until it's given to the foulshooter by the referee. If the coach has a sub ready at the table, they can check in before the first foul shot is taken. If the sub is later to the table, they would have to wait until and if the second foul shot is made creating another dead ball. Obviously, if the second shot is missed they would have to wait until the next dead ball to get in.

https://websites.mygameday.app/get_file.cgi?id=1015679#:~:text=Substitutions are permitted by either,against may initiate a substitution.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom