No love for us re the Clemson game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No love for us re the Clemson game

Reaction Score
But saying that...Alfred Lord T's poem kind of hits my mood of late...what he said sure fits an FSU football guy and may fit a UConn guy as well.

I envy not in any moods
The captive void of noble rage,
The linnet born within the cage,
That never knew the summer woods:

Reaction Score
clemsons just making so much locker room material with this blatant disrespect smh
So you’re saying we should stop posting about how we had fewer losses and won more titles than they did?

Reaction Score
Covid year champs....2020

Kansas....#1 AP
Gonzaga...#1 NCAA NET
Dayton.....#1...Jerry Palm Sportsline simulation

Reaction Score
FSU would have created the "Babeee" trophy...since Vitale proclaimed...

Dick Vitale says Noles would have won NCAA Tournament​

and the Florida Senate passed a resolution proclaiming FSU as national champions...You can't make this stuff up.

Reaction Score
App State, 33 point underdogs, beat Michigan.
We won’t be 33 point under dogs. I’m guessing 49.

that Appalachian state team had significantly more talent than the current UCONN team on both sides of the ball. Armanti Edwards was an awesome QB.

I understand the sentiment but I am just hoping they lose by less than 4 touchdowns.

Reaction Score
Appalachian State won 13 games and an FCS national title that year.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
A lot of you guys need to realize how bad UConn currently sucks. All these previous teams whether they’re UConn or not were light years ahead of where we currently are. Cannot wait until we can fire this loser and hopefully make the appropriate financial investment in a staff and administrative resources to be successful at the FBS level.

Reaction Score
A lot of you guys need to realize how bad UConn currently sucks. All these previous teams whether they’re UConn or not were light years ahead of where we currently are. Cannot wait until we can fire this loser and hopefully make the appropriate financial investment in a staff and administrative resources to be successful at the FBS level.

You're right, but i doubt that is happening anytime soon.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
1999 I believe Duke actually did put up a banner because the “won” on some RPI. type site.

dook puts up banners for ending the year ranked #1 in the AP. It's ridiculous.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A lot of you guys need to realize how bad UConn currently sucks.
What I realize is that FB isn't dragging down the BB programs anymore. Anything else is gravy.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Blah Blah
I reserve being a expert until I see what RE2 marches out in the fall

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I can understand not being happy with Edsall after the awful start of RE 2.0, but your disdain for Edsall seems more personal.

If UConn has a good year and they get 6 or more wins (I know... unlikely) but if they do, will you actually give Edsall credit?

Drew

Reaction Score
I can understand not being happy with Edsall after the awful start of RE 2.0, but your disdain for Edsall seems more personal.

If UConn has a good year and they get 6 or more wins (I know... unlikely) but if they do, will you actually give Edsall credit?
If UConn gets 4 wins this season I'll personally send him to Florida with Robert Kraft to celebrate for a month

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
If UConn gets 4 wins this season I'll personally send him to Florida with Robert Kraft to celebrate for a month
I am glad to read that. Because your posts read like your dislike of Edsall is stronger than your desire for UConn to succeed.

I think everyone would agree that Edsall has to show significant progress this year. And i I think 4 wins is a minimum. I know you think 4 wins is impossible with this team...I still have some confidence he can win here. But if he doesn't....this is his last chance.

Drew

Reaction Score
I am glad to read that. Because your posts read like your dislike of Edsall is stronger than your desire for UConn to succeed.

I think everyone would agree that Edsall has to show significant progress this year. And i I think 4 wins is a minimum. I know you think 4 wins is impossible with this team...I still have some confidence he can win here. But if he doesn't....this is his last chance.
I'm just trying to be a realist. Based on everything we've seen the last few years, there is little to no evidence we're going to see a drastic improvement in 2021 (even if this is the "best" team we've had in RE 2.0 history when you think about how awful the other teams were that doesn't mean much).

The situation is this: we're playing 2 FCS teams and UMass in 2021. If we don't wind up working something out with Houston, then we're playing 3 FCS teams or NMSU. As of today, he needs to go 1-9 against the normal teams on our schedule (assuming W's v Yale, HC, UMass) to get to 4 wins. The bar is unbelievably low at this point. If he can't get to 4 wins with this schedule....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom