No Love for Kia Nurse? | The Boneyard

No Love for Kia Nurse?

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
Kia goes 80% from the field , 6 for 7 from 3 pt, perfect from the line, but not hearing any mention in post coverage.. I didn't watch the game yet , will have to see why that is when I do.

Reaction Score
Of course there's love from me as she played really well today. Seems like that ankle/foot injury is behind her. Good for her and great for Connecticut.

Reaction Score
Kia got plenty of love from her teammates in post-game interviews. Clearly they are better with her leadership on the floor and they know it. They call her and Gabby the team "Moms" - they look to both, but particularly Kia, when the hits the fan.

Reaction Score
Kia goes 80% from the field , 6 for 7 from 3 pt, perfect from the line, but not hearing any mention in post coverage.. I didn't watch the game yet , will have to see why that is when I do.

CGA, glancing at the box, might say "No rebounds and No steals" ;-)

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I thought that Geno's sarcastic comments about her in the postgame press conference constituted the appreciation that you are looking for, delivered in the way that is most characteristic of Geno.

Reaction Score
Kia had a really good game. She is the three-point shooter no one thinks about having to cover, and when she hits 'em, you can see the opponents' shoulders drop.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I suspect her game wasn't the highlight reel that the media likes to headline... Gabby and Phessa are the headliners...

Reaction Score
Love Kia but she seems to be lost in the shadow of Gabby, KLS, and Pheesa or any combination of those three. She scored 24 points and barely got a mention by the ESPN "talking heads". Whatever, she lacks the size and athleticism of
I suspect her game wasn't the highlight reel that the media likes to headline... Gabby and Phessa are the headliners...

You are right. Her 24 points (8/10 and team high with Pheesa) didn't even get a mention from the ESPN "talking heads" as her performance was overshadowed by that of Gabby and Pheesa. This is the media world we live in today. KLS, the darling of the USF game, had a very good game today but you wouldn't even know she played. Anyway, love Kia as I'm sure many BY'ers do.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
That's Okay let's hope the remaining opponents also pay little attention to her as the tourney progresses...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom