No jinx, salt thrown over left shoulder, but I hope all summer | The Boneyard

No jinx, salt thrown over left shoulder, but I hope all summer

Reaction Score
that Geno was rehearsing (time after time) how to coach the last 26.6 seconds in a game.

PS - put the ball in your top scorers hand - so for this year I think that means give the ball rather quickly from CD to Gabby and let her distribute to KLS on the outside, Pheesa, Z down low, or Kia in her favorite spot.

What weapons, but again salt thrown over left shoulder.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
… I hope all summer that Geno was rehearsing (time after time) how to coach...
...give the ball rather quickly from CD to Gabby and let her distribute to KLS on the outside, Pheesa, Z down low, or Kia in her favorite spot.
- If you’re offering advice, to the most successful coach in the history of his profession, by drawing up a play with 6 players... be sure to let him know how much of your summer was spent coming up with this. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
His choice on pheesa or z being in the game- so yes my context should have stated or meant which of the two are playing at that spot

Sorry if I didn't highlight that, my mind was there but not expressed

But having a better plan for the last 26.6 seconds is the topic

Last edited:

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
that Geno was rehearsing (time after time) how to coach the last 26.6 seconds in a game.

PS - put the ball in your top scorers hand - so for this year I think that means give the ball rather quickly from CD to Gabby and let her distribute to KLS on the outside, Pheesa, Z down low, or Kia in her favorite spot.

If you've heard Geno discuss the 26.6 seconds, that was the call. In bound the ball, look for Pheesa at the foul line, have Lou and Kia on the wings. Saniya just busted the play with an attempt to drive the lane which had worked for her before in the game. So the attempted put down of the coach falls flat.

Reaction Score
To poor St. Francis, it must have seemed like all six UConn players were on the court at the same time.
Reminds me of the days when Gretzky, Messier and friends were on the Edmonton Oilers. It always seemed like they were skating a man up.

Reaction Score

Or you just have enough confidence in your senior guard(like he did last year) to run the clock down and either take or set up the last shot. Last year was not Auriemma's fault. That game should have been won by UConn or gone to another OT.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Did you know?

"Take a close look at Leonardo da Vinci's painting The Last Supper, and you'll see that Judas Iscariot has knocked over the salt with his elbow. Because Judas betrayed in the Bible, people began associating salt with lies and disloyalty. Throwing salt over the left shoulder blinds the devil, who was waiting there to force you into acts of bad behavior as well.

Why toss it over the left side? Some Christian beliefs hold that the devil hangs around behind your left shoulder, waiting to take advantage of you. If you spill salt, the devil sees it as an invitation to step in and do evil. Throwing it over your shoulder into his face blinds him and renders him helpless."

Why do people throw salt over their shoulders?

What was the question again?

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
Did you know?

"Take a close look at Leonardo da Vinci's painting The Last Supper, and you'll see that Judas Iscariot has knocked over the salt with his elbow. Because Judas betrayed in the Bible, people began associating salt with lies and disloyalty. Throwing salt over the left shoulder blinds the devil, who was waiting there to force you into acts of bad behavior as well.

Why toss it over the left side? Some Christian beliefs hold that the devil hangs around behind your left shoulder, waiting to take advantage of you. If you spill salt, the devil sees it as an invitation to step in and do evil. Throwing it over your shoulder into his face blinds him and renders him helpless."

Why do people throw salt over their shoulders?

What was the question again?
I understand that the root of the word sinister is left handed. That must be the connection. Thanks love the post

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
Saniya's ploy could have worked except I think she took Pheesa by surprise and she did not set the screen on Saniya's man. Obviously she was waiting for the time to run down. At least that's the way I put the play together after hearing Geno and reviewing what happened.

Reaction Score
My bad, I never heard Geno going into detail what the called play was. "In bound the ball, look for Pheesa at the foul line, have Lou and Kia on the wings".

I recall after the game Geno said something like what we wanted to run just didn't work. I applaud Geno for not going into detail and effectively protecting Soniya. That was stand up of him. Watching the end again, after Lou sank those 2 critical free throws, I was hoping Lou would be the number 1 and number 2 option. She is money.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
To poor St. Francis, it must have seemed like all six UConn players were on the court at the same time.

More like ALL ELEVEN were on the floor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom