No goaltend | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No goaltend

Reaction Score
I agree that Jackson needs to reign it in at times to avoid foul trouble, but I also like to see the super-aggression and using his incredible abilities. I'm convinced that between Jackson and Clingan, the refs miss calls because they are not used to seeing some of the plays these guys make. Jackson had an open lane to the rim and was unintentionally undercut by nunge. Upon yet another review, it might have been goaltending. The ball looks like it bounced back onto the rim, not away from the rim. It's a fast game.

caw

Reaction Score
That honestly was just one of the many plays which created the difference between a win and a loss. 1 point difference if the X player makes both FTs (instead of the and-1). That's the difference between the three point loss and OT because UConn likely doesn't foul with 1.X remaining. Also, it was a good call. Should it have been reviewed, maybe, but in live action it's a good call. Need to have NBA backboard cameras to get a clear picture of it. I don't believe that is part of the NCAA rulebook, and I don't think UConn has them in place.

Bigger issue was the fast break alley-opp attempt from Jackson to Sanogo, just a bad play. This team has done stuff like that all year, even when winning. They go for the highlight too much.

Jackson had a horrendous game overall offensively but he is the spearhead of the press and the zones, and Hurley put him in better positions on offense in the second half.

Reaction Score
I agree that Jackson needs to reign it in at times to avoid foul trouble, but I also like to see the super-aggression and using his incredible abilities. I'm convinced that between Jackson and Clingan, the refs miss calls because they are not used to seeing some of the plays these guys make. Jackson had an open lane to the rim and was unintentionally undercut by nunge. Upon yet another review, it might have been goaltending. The ball looks like it bounced back onto the rim, not away from the rim. It's a fast game.
Wish he would utilize that aggression in getting to the rim rather than making bonehead plays like this

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Goaltend or not, it's not the first time AJ has done that this year. He has absolutely nothing to gain from doing that; the foul had already been whistled, and just grabbing the ball after it comes off is a much better option than trying to smash it into the crowd. For a guy with supposed great BBIQ, he makes some of these bonehead plays that just completely shift momentum back to them, like throwing an alleyoop to a guy with a 15" vertical at a huge spot in the game.
For his part, you can see Sanogo asking for the oop. So it cuts both ways. Adama also lost his composure and spiked the ball with about a second left after Tristen accidentally hit his 2 FT. Shoulda been called for a tech there; very fortunate that the ref swallowed his whistle.

Reaction Score
Bigger issue was the fast break alley-opp attempt from Jackson to Sanogo, just a bad play. This team has done stuff like that all year, even when winning. They go for the highlight too much.
Blown fast break attempt and then had an under the basket inbound and Jackson blew a wide open layup. Killed a lot of them momentum we had at that point

Reaction Score
the only one of our three supposed star players that i actually enjoy watching is hawkins. the other two i'm finding increasingly exasperating.

Reaction Score
Basket Interference, not Goaltending.
Correct. This is what everyone is missing. He took it off the backboard. Has nothing to do with the ball being in the cylinder or whether or not it had a chance to go in. You cannot block a shot off the backboard. Period.

Reaction Score
Thought it was a bad call when I saw it live and it's still a bad call this morning.

And the main reason why it was such a bad call is the ref who called it was on the opposite side of the baseline meaning he had zero depth or perception of the relationship between ball and rim. He was blocked by the backboard, rim/net, and Jackson and had no reason to make that call.

I won't piss and moan about the refs that much but what really grinds my gears is when one ref who has the proper position to make a call doesn't blow the whistle and another ref from a much further distance with a worse perspective makes the call.
I’ve seen more bad calls by poorly-positioned refs this year than ever before. Really annoying

Reaction Score
He’s very lucky Nunge sort of broke his fall and caught him. That would have been a very hard fall otherwise.

Reaction Score
Not really even close.

View attachment 83450

Also, fairly amazed Jax didn't get hurt on that. Helluva fall right on his back.
Calls are much easier to make when slowed down, paused and dissected millisecond by millisecond.

But seriously his wreck less athleticism scares me like earlier career Westbrook where they jump over and through people

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Goaltending, especially in spots like that, can make the difference. It's a call they have to get right...like checking to see if a players foot was on the line for a 3/2. There should be a way to challenge that, either through the coach, or automatically. It's too important.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom