No go WVU thread? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

No go WVU thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Glad to see that WVU won for the sake of the BE and the majority of their fan base that has always treated UConn well. Oliver Luck, on the other hand, can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. His actions in recent months show him to be someone that is neither likeable nor trustworthy. I confess that I took satisfaction watching his son (projecting the sins of the father onto the boy) go down to defeat a few days ago. Unfortunately, the Lucks will probably have the last laugh in terms of the $$$ to be made from entry into the Big 12 and NFL.

Reaction Score
I missed that. What were the reasons that fans in WV and SC could not make the trip to Florida? And could any of those reasons be applied to fans traveling from, say, CT to Arizona?

The 2 things I recall off the top of my head were the game being played in the middle of the week and a bad economy. There were many less empty seats at last year's Fiesta Bowl than at last night's debacle.

Reaction Score
I can't speak for the fans of those two teams but I can tell you that there was zero local interest for this game. People were turning down free tickets for what was once a great event.

Reaction Score
Miami is a terrible sports town.

A lot of towns are, but the Orange Bowl game used to be a can't miss game. This current system isn't providing games that capture the imagination anymore. Nothing against these two teams but this game didn't have a big game feel to it. With that being the case, why should local fans truck down there on a Wednesday night after we have already spent a bunch of money over the holidays?

Reaction Score
I'll cut the fans some slack for not showing on a Wednesday in a post holiday back-to-work week. In this economy lots of folks hurried back to work just to make sure their desks were still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom