No Geno tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No Geno tonight

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
The word has been around for about five centuries. In my experience, more common in written than spoken English…
Perhaps a little less formal than indisposed, and less colloquial than sickly.

“unwell (adj.)​

mid-15c., "somewhat ill," from un- (1) "not" + well (adj.). Similar formation in North Frisian unwel, German unwohl.”

source: unwell | Etymology, origin and meaning of unwell by etymonline
feeling poorly.
feeling under the weather.
feeling debilitated.
feeling liverish.
feeling not up to snuff.
feeling the worse for wear.
feeling run down.
feeling green about the gills.
feeling clammy.
and my personal choice,
feeling out of sorts.
some folks that i know do say 'feeling unwell,'
but many today simply say 'feeling crappy.' not me, even tho 'craps' is one of those naturally funny words.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to Geno. Since coming back, he has looked and sounded terrible. Suspect with all the new Covid and flu strains, its one of the two. Both have an increased % of patients reporting longer term and/or recurring issues.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Best of luck to Geno. Since coming back, he has looked and sounded terrible. Suspect with all the new Covid and flu strains, its one of the two. Both have an increased % of patients reporting longer term and/or recurring issues.
I have a number of friends who have recurring issues (exceeding fatigue by dinner, headaches, even muscle tightness). Ugh. Best of luck to those suffering from such occurrences and hope Geno finds the right path forward, health-wise.

Reaction Score
Maybe a trivial question......................

When a coach misses a game like last night (or Calhoun did several times) does the Head Coach get a win credited to his record?

Thanks

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Maybe a trivial question......................

When a coach misses a game like last night (or Calhoun did several times) does the Head Coach get a win credited to his record?

Thanks
Yes. Head coach gets the win while out on temporary illness. Only if taking a leave of absence (like Tara VanDerveer did in 96 to coach the women's Olympic team) is the head coach not formally not credited with the win.

Reaction Score
feeling poorly.
feeling under the weather.
feeling debilitated.
feeling liverish.
feeling not up to snuff.
feeling the worse for wear.
feeling run down.
feeling green about the gills.
feeling clammy.
and my personal choice,
feeling out of sorts.
some folks that i know do say 'feeling unwell,'
but many today simply say 'feeling crappy.' not me, even tho 'craps' is one of those naturally funny words.
Better than a dirt nap, eternal sleep, six feet under, worm feast :)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Better than a dirt nap, eternal sleep, six feet under, worm feast :)
As Mr Marvell said, "The grave's a fine and private place, but none, I think, do there embrace." ;)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Yes. Head coach gets the win while out on temporary illness. Only if taking a leave of absence (like Tara VanDerveer did in 96 to coach the women's Olympic team) is the head coach not formally not credited with the win.
That is one of the main reasons why they changed the National team selection and practices, so the college coaches don't have to take a year off from coaching.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I'm late to the party, been completely out of it.
Trying (ultimately successfully) to drive I-80 from the East Coast to Salt Lake City
Big mistake at 83....and I-80 through Wyoming is closed as much as its open...
and we hit a bad patch in Cheyenne.

But reading the weekly casualty list is genuinely alarming...Forget about basketball.

There will be a point at which Caroline's susceptibility to concussions will make it impossible for her to continue...and I imagine she is getting perilously close to that point right now.

And Geno's not surprising inability to shrug off this season's nasty bugs is another big worry. I've got a few on him, but he's not a kid anymore and he puts huge amounts of pressure on himself...Not great for one's well-being.

We've had injuries and limited rosters before and made it through, but this season feels different and very worrisome.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the info

Reaction Score
I have a number of friends who have recurring issues (exceeding fatigue by dinner, headaches, even muscle tightness). Ugh. Best of luck to those suffering from such occurrences and hope Geno finds the right path forward, health-wise.
Good points. My daughter is an ER nurse and reports that many don't understand that the current strains of covid and flu often have lingering issues lasting 3-6 months or more.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Good points. My daughter is an ER nurse and reports that many don't understand that the current strains of covid and flu often have lingering issues lasting 3-6 months or more.
It's horrible stuff. I've known a young mother since she's been 10. Along the way, she became a solid D-III cross country runner and one heck of a beach volleyball player. She caught what she considered a mild case...initially. Then it just sapped all the energy out of her legs, causing her to curtail walking, let alone running. Then, the vertigo started and affected her ability to concentrate on a screen. She had to take medical leave of absence. Like you said, all told she lost 6-8 months of her "normal" health.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom