No Full Contact High School Football in CT this year... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

No Full Contact High School Football in CT this year...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If the rest of the country took it seriously instead issuing bans on mask wearing we would be doing even better.
Sure a little better, but not much better. We wouldn't be zero. And so there still would be risk.

And there will be risk for many years ahead...vaccine wont be a silver bullet

Reaction Score
They should protest.

I have received information for local high school players/coaches that a protest is planned for Wednesday at 5PM at the Capital Building in Hartford to protest the cancelling of the season...I encourage as many as possible to support these student athletes and coaches...

Reaction Score
2A5TTVTGYZFTFEEV7XH5BQLFPU.jpg

Reaction Score
I spoke with two CT HS Football players for The Connecticut Scoreboard about this. Wanted to share the video. Two coaches coming tomorrow.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Legislators out to be seen....wonder what alias' they use here on the 'Yard.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If the rest of the country took it seriously instead issuing bans on mask wearing we would be doing even better.
I must have missed that. What states issued bans on wearing masks?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I certainly wouldn’t promise anyone a full season, but I think there is room here to start a season. They could play games every other week with schedules based on keeping schools in pods (teams only play each other) coupled with some sort of protocols for testing/ tracing/recovery and with some understanding that if a town or county has spike over a certain TBD percentage of the population over a [10 day] period they will have to suspend that team or implement enhanced testing.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Can anyone here cite the current limitation on group events in CT?

There is your answer on FB. Youth FB is not worth another potential outbreak that will force potentially thousands of people to get sick, lose their source if income, suffer longer term health consequences or even death.

My advice is to grow up and think like responsible adults. Is there some hypocrisy regarding youth sports, sure is. That's not an excuse to add more dumb things to the to do list.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Can anyone here cite the current limitation on group events in CT?

There is your answer on FB. Youth FB is not worth another potential outbreak that will force potentially thousands of people to get sick, lose their source if income, suffer longer term health consequences or even death.

My advice is to grow up and think like responsible adults. Is there some hypocrisy regarding youth sports, sure is. That's not an excuse to add more dumb things to the to do list.
Ah the tyranny of the 'never-evers' - are you also leading the charge to disband live school? Across this state we have about 500k kids now attending live school instruction again. The schools have made great efforts to reduce circulation, create spacing, enhance cleaning, etc. Could it fail? Maybe...might even fail spectacularly... but we have to try first because it also just might work and work better than April-May-June's full distance learning environment where many kids got left behind. Point is- there is room to try in a responsible way.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Ah the tyranny of the 'never-evers' - are you also leading the charge to disband live school? Across this state we have about 500k kids now attending live school instruction again. The schools have made great efforts to reduce circulation, create spacing, enhance cleaning, etc. Could it fail? Maybe...might even fail spectacularly... but we have to try first because it also just might work and work better than April-May-June's full distance learning environment where many kids get left behind. Point is- there is room to try in a responsible way.

In person schooling while problematic without an adequate testing and quarantine regime, is a far cry from youth football.

We also still go to work and grocery stores.

Like I said, grow up.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
In person schooling while problematic without an adequate testing and quarantine regime, is a far cry from youth football.

Like I said, grow up.

After witnessing my kid's first two days of public school in fall 2020 there is actually not as much difference between live public school and youth football as you would like to think there is. My kids are getting exposure to about 60 to 80 people daily now. Youth football would certainly be higher, but not by leaps and bounds.

If you have a hard line on football, you better take the same position on basketball or else you will need to "Grow Up." In the meantime, some people want to try things and trying things doesn't mean they are stupid.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
With live public school now underway, seems like if you are going to try football we might as well set the start up for around 10/1, do 1 game every two weeks through mid December and play 6 games. Maybe have a single championship game for the top two using a formula or ranking.

Reaction Score
To borrow a quote from another thread... please stop w/ the pure partisan/political sniping.
This thread is not a debate about COVID-19 nor how the gov is dealing with the pandemic. Take it to the cesspool. I'm tired of cleaning up after the same people hijacking threads in the sports forums.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Like I said, grow up.

Indeed. Football, since it is outside, is safer.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
After witnessing my kid's first two days of public school in fall 2020 there is actually not as much difference between live public school and youth football as you would like to think there is. My kids are getting exposure to about 60 to 80 people daily now. Youth football would certainly be higher, but not by leaps and bounds.

If you have a hard line on football, you better take the same position on basketball or else you will need to "Grow Up." In the meantime, some people want to try things and trying things doesn't mean they are stupid.

Kids need an education they don't need to play youth football. That's a difference, regardless of how poorly they are executing a haphazard and inadequate plan for in-person learning.

In theory, you can isolate 25 kids and their teacher in a classroom during the day with minimum interactions from other staff only as necessary. You can test them regularly, alternating in-person and remote learning to contain potential out breaks. Having kids breakout of those bubbles to intermingle then return to their bubbles is problematic and completely unnecessary.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Kids need an education they don't need to play youth football. That's a difference, regardless of how poorly they are executing a haphazard and inadequate plan for in-person learning.

In theory, you can isolate 25 kids and their teacher in a classroom during the day with minimum interactions from other staff only as necessary. You can test them regularly, alternating in-person and remote learning to contain potential out breaks. Having kids breakout of those bubbles to intermingle then return to their bubbles is problematic and completely unnecessary.

Welp, you obviously know nothing about how a modern high or middle school education works. Kids dont have one teacher all day, instead they have about 5 to 8 (math, science, history, writing, language, elective, gym and some take music). And then like it or not, kids grade out to at least three levels from advanced to remedial which you need to account for as well. The administrators are doing the best they can to put kids in pools to limit mass interaction, but the reality is they are in pools of about 60 to 120 kids not 25. And then you have the teachers and support admin, some of whom have to teach specialty subjects across these new pods, albeit they limit it as best as possible. All in all, at the medium and large high and middle schools the kids are already mixing in pools of humanity on a scale near what football operates.

As for need, frankly we dont need a lot of things. Look around.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Thinking about this more - the solutions oriented idea would be to require the football players to take the distance learning option, which I think is pretty much an option offered at all HS this fall, during the football season.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Thinking about this more - the solutions oriented idea would be to require the football players to take the distance learning option, which I think is pretty much an option offered at all HS this fall, during the football season.

Not necessarily. We have been having football practice for a month where I am at and there hasn't been any interruptions.

Games start next Friday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom