No First Night in 2017 | The Boneyard

No First Night in 2017

Reaction Score
Not sure how feasible this would be but they should make first night during pregame during a football game next October. Won't draw huge numbers but maybe it would make fans show up on time- for once. No need for any dunk contests or anything just announce the squads and have the coaches say some words.

Reaction Score
Not sure how feasible this would be but they should make first night during pregame during a football game next October. Won't draw huge numbers but maybe it would make fans show up on time- for once. No need for any dunk contests or anything just announce the squads and have the coaches say some words.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them do a team introduction at half time of a football game.

Reaction Score
Or they could just do it at the XL. I remember the old blue and white games back in the 90's and early 2000's they had at the Civic Center. Kids under 12 had the chance to go on the court before the game for a mini clinic with the players and coaches. I remember being on the court and Doron Sheffer passed me the ball. Being an 8 year old kid at the time, I thought that was the coolest thing.

Reaction Score
Good.

Having a First Night without celebrating a championship for one of the teams just doesn't feel right.

Reaction Score
It's beginning to look like Cerebro. Maybe with the upgrades we can find the "Super" powered basketball players for the team.

Reaction Score
At this rate, the next change UConn is going to announce is the hiring of Bunkey as an Assistant Coach.

Seriously though, this is a bummer. I like First Night! Especially would have been cool to have some sort of introduction to all of the new faces on the team.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
At this rate, the next change UConn is going to announce is the hiring of Bunkey as an Assistant Coach.

Seriously though, this is a bummer. I like First Night! Especially would have been cool to have some sort of introduction to all of the new faces on the team.

Clyde and Bunkey. Boom.

Reaction Score
This seems kind of dumb. Why not do it at the XL? I'm not a fan of First Night but it is important to the players, prospective recruits, and the fan base. Not doing it just seems to indicate we are getting lamer and lamer.

Reaction Score
This is irrationally satisfying to me. First Night is annoying. It's one of those events that has just enough of a pulse that you kind of have to pay attention to it but is so far removed from real UConn basketball that it's depressing.

Reaction Score

If That happened Chief's head wouldn't fit in the bone-yard

Reaction Score
I'm not sure when the new ice making system will be complete, but
Over 14 inches of concrete must be removed and re-poured/cured while over 9 miles of steel pipe will be torn out and replaced.

Will be ready for bball and hockey seasons, but a first night @ XL may be cutting it a little close.

Here are pictures of what the XL looks like right now:

Reaction Score
I'm not sure when the new ice making system will be complete, but
Over 14 inches of concrete must be removed and re-poured/cured while over 9 miles of steel pipe will be torn out and replaced.

Will be ready for bball and hockey seasons, but a first night @ XL may be cutting it a little close.

Here are pictures of what the XL looks like right now:

What happens if both projects experience significant delays(Not unheard of in this state)? Where would we play home games?

Reaction Score
Have the game at the University of Uconn that place can't be far from Storrs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom