No Enoch? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No Enoch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Nolan played in a title game, KO knows what he can do and has loyalty. I think Phil and Facey also know that to get on the floor they have to produce, but if he has 12-18 minutes with 1 point and 1 board you will see more of Enoch. Phil showed a nice short jumper yesterday and he finished around the rim. Enoch is our future and I hope he gets enough time so he doesn't transfer because the number one reason that happens is lack of use, playing time. I think he will get that time because AB still fouls like crazy and there are enough minutes to go around. The coaches have to drill that in to Enoch.

he's not going to transfer. Seriously. You make him sound like a prima donna.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Of all the guys one the team, Enoch knows the least what to do or where to be. From the limited amount that I've seen. No surprise.

No biggie. He's raw.
tumblr_lymc2zHpPA1qhelj9o1_500.jpg

Reaction Score
Happens every year and yet we never learn. It takes big men (especially raw guys like Enoch) a while to adjust to the college game.
Nolan played in a title game, KO knows what he can do and has loyalty. I think Phil and Facey also know that to get on the floor they have to produce, but if he has 12-18 minutes with 1 point and 1 board you will see more of Enoch. Phil showed a nice short jumper yesterday and he finished around the rim. Enoch is our future and I hope he gets enough time so he doesn't transfer because the number one reason that happens is lack of use, playing time. I think he will get that time because AB still fouls like crazy and there are enough minutes to go around. The coaches have to drill that in to Enoch.

It's two games into a pretty raw but very athletic big man's career and there's four very experienced big men on the team. Maybe we can hold off on the transfer talk for at least another week or two.

Reaction Score
Guys is it possible that Ollie is going to barely use him early on in the season unless he's necessary in case it becomes a good idea to redshirt him?

I mean if we don't encounter any real injuries with the bigs at least, there really isn't a lot of playing time to go around. I know others will know more than I do about the rules regarding redshirting, but I thought it was an amount of minutes played up to a certain point where the decision to redshirt is made. So even if there is an injury and it ends up being steve, this way he could redshirt and not waste a year of eligibility?

Reaction Score
Guys is it possible that Ollie is going to barely use him early on in the season unless he's necessary in case it becomes a good idea to redshirt him?

I mean if we don't encounter any real injuries with the bigs at least, there really isn't a lot of playing time to go around. I know others will know more than I do about the rules regarding redshirting, but I thought it was an amount of minutes played up to a certain point where the decision to redshirt is made. So even if there is an injury and it ends up being steve, this way he could redshirt and not waste a year of eligibility?

He played against Maine, so unless you're expecting a season-ending injury before he appears in 30% of our games (the criteria for a medical redshirt), his eligibility is being used.

I'm not even entirely sure you could even redshirt him without an injury just by not having him play as a freshman either. Does that exist in basketball?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He played against Maine, so unless you're expecting a season-ending injury before he appears in 30% of our games (the criteria for a medical redshirt), his eligibility is being used.

I'm not even entirely sure you could even redshirt him without an injury just by not having him play as a freshman either. Does that exist in basketball?
Yes, it exists. It rarely happens for a high major based on the type of recruits they bring in but is more prevalent for mid and low majors.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

They'd obviously have to make sure Enoch is OK with it, but it's very easy to fudge a redshirt. Calhoun openly regretted not redshirting Gavin Edwards his freshman year so he'd be around for the championship season.

Reaction Score
Enoch will get his shot to play, it's just a matter of time and matchups. There will be a game when offense is need over defense; where guys ahead of him are in foul trouble; when the starters don't play well and he gives a spark; etc. He's a freshman who is fairly new to the game, and definitely new to big time basketball. He'll be just fine.

Reaction Score
We can't redshirt enoch, both nolan and brimah have shown a history of committing a massive amount of fouls in big games. and its not like facey has shown some modicum of consistency...

Its completely understandable why he isn't getting minutes, he's the 5th big on the depth chart! this whole 'ko is sending him a message' , horses ass...its not like he is waiting to be unleashed, he is behind bodies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Until Ollie says why Enoch didn't play, I would take it as a situation where we just don't know. A mystery, if you will. No comprende.

I would also point out that there has not been a single indication that Enoch needs any kind of "message," in fact, he has been praised for being very open to learning.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
I would think that facing a zone defense the entire game might have something to do with Enoch's lack of playing time. Enoch is very raw and learning how play against a zone may be a bit beyond him at this time. I'm expecting to see him get some minutes against Furman.

Reaction Score
he's not going to transfer. Seriously. You make him sound like a prima donna.

he's an idiot, don't pay him any mind. He still thinks KO played Nolan over Lubin due to "loyalty" and now he starting to spout the same mindless nonsense with Nolan/Enoch.

Reaction Score
Whoa… I think there's some overreaction here… Transfers? Bad Attitide?

I'm thinking if anything KO is just trying to push the kid to possibly work harder & earn some minutes because he see's the potential here…

Not a big thing...

Reaction Score
Whoa… I think there's some overreaction here… Transfers? Bad Attitide?

I'm thinking if anything KO is just trying to push the kid to possibly work harder & earn some minutes because he see's the potential here…

Not a big thing...
I think he got a little overhyped going into the season, lot of beat writers throwing out crazy quotes like "enoch is the real deal, everyone here knows it", a quote like that alludes to SE being a starter or getting major tick. I never thought that was the case, just way too much size and experience ahead of him. Maybe if we never landed miller.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Hilton Armstrong. Donnell Beverly. There are two guys who had a lot of others in front of them and spend most of their careers (especially Beverly) not getting as much playing time as they'd have liked. They didn't jump ship as they had dedication to the program. Basically the point is, not everyone who rides the pines as a freshman is going to be on the first plane out of Bradley at the end of the season.

Reaction Score
Love his potential but the game was close enough. Winning is #1. Not surprised the #11 man sat.

Reaction Score
Enoch will get his shot to play, it's just a matter of time and matchups. There will be a game when offense is need over defense; where guys ahead of him are in foul trouble; when the starters don't play well and he gives a spark; etc. He's a freshman who is fairly new to the game, and definitely new to big time basketball. He'll be just fine.

This. My guess is that Ollie made the decision based on the opponent and the match up and where the young-en is in his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom