No Enoch or Sam Jr. | The Boneyard

No Enoch or Sam Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Much shorter bench today. I thought Enoch was coming along, funny no time in such blow out.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Much shorter bench today. I thought Enoch was coming along, funny no time in such blow out.

Depends what he's doing in practice. Frankly, the team needs time to find it's rotation and get guys into the flow (gel). Don't need to play everybody right now.

Reaction Score
Don't think we'll Sam much when Omar is draining outside shots. Enoch is barely 18 and we'll probably see more of him latter in the season. Enoch has the chance to be exceptional.

Reaction Score
Don't think we'll Sam much when Omar is draining outside shots. Enoch is barely 18 and we'll probably see more of him latter in the season. Enoch has the chance to be exceptional.

Agreed. Omar kept Sam off the bench, if there was foul trouble, Sam would have been in.

Nolan DNP and Facey only played 3 minutes, so yeah, the bench was sparingly used, but if the en result is a win by 20, I'm alright with that.

Good game

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Enoch is often out of position on defense. TSam is very slow. Nolan is Nolan.
Would have liked to see more of Facey.
As people have written, it is getting late fast.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Enoch is often out of position on defense. TSam is very slow. Nolan is Nolan.
Would have liked to see more of Facey.
As people have written, it is getting late fast.

You mean Sam Jr? :)

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
This is Nolan's first ever DNP that wasn't due to him being inactive due to injury.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Several times during the game the announcers referenced UConn's physical practices this week.

I'm guessing Ollie is going to make players really earn their stripes in practice to see PT.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, we need to develop Enoch for the games against good teams that have big strong Bigs. It's either him or Nolan in these games - both Brimah and Facey lack the required strength. I see Facey backing up Miller in these games not playing center.

Reaction Score
Yeah not sure about Phil and what's up there. Oh well there's people playing better in practice and the bench is getting shorter too. Still think there's something up with the feet or foot. Sam Jr may get his chance again or may not. Omar is sliding ahead of him and now Jalen is wearing much more time. Will be tougher for him, Omar at least can rebound a little and has some size not he defensive end. Enoch - his inability to move from his guy last game seems to have proven what shortcomings he will need to improve to get on the court. Hasn't seen the court since that mistake. He will be fine no matter how this season evolves for him, a learning season for sure but will be a good one.

Reaction Score
I had hopes that Phil would emerge like Hilton did in his senior year, but apparently that is not to be. Of course, Hilton had a stronger supporting cast which I'm sure was in part responsible for his senior surge.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Phil looked great in his first game this year and then it was all downhill from there. I remember him having 9 points and 6 rebounds and looking really mobile and tuned in. Granted it was against an easy opponent, but it was still a good performance nonetheless. I was hoping to see more of that from him this year but so far it's not happened.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Yeah not sure about Phil and what's up there. Oh well there's people playing better in practice and the bench is getting shorter too. Still think there's something up with the feet or foot. Sam Jr may get his chance again or may not. Omar is sliding ahead of him and now Jalen is wearing much more time. Will be tougher for him, Omar at least can rebound a little and has some size not he defensive end. Enoch - his inability to move from his guy last game seems to have proven what shortcomings he will need to improve to get on the court. Hasn't seen the court since that mistake. He will be fine no matter how this season evolves for him, a learning season for sure but will be a good one.

Omar has been moving better than I remember as well. He looks more fluid, quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom