No discussion of WNBA games? | The Boneyard

No discussion of WNBA games?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
All 12 teams played and some games were very close. No discussion or analysis? How about the Suns and their very nice win over the sky at home? The great games by Alyssa, Courtney, Jonquel, Jasmine? 27 assists on 34 baskets? Oh well.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
I watched the Lynx/Liberty game last night and actually enjoyed it. Maya and Syl were awesome again and Tina did a great job for NY, looking as if they could be contenders for the crown. I still think the Lynx win it all this year.

Would like to see Whalen retire after this season and be replaced by Plum (won't happen), who looked really good in her game against the Mystics yesterday. EDD also had a great game.

I don't think there's much WNBA chatter here because it's usually just too damn boring to watch and talk about unless the top 3 or 4 teams are playing IMO.

Reaction Score
I watched the Lynx/Liberty game as well. To those that were questioning Maya..........Welp.....She's back!! Big Syl is my MVP with Tina right behind her. I don't know where the Liberty would be without her. When the Lynx shut Charles down in the 3rd, no one else really stepped up.

Although I think Diana is GOAT, Maya is the best player in the WNBA right now. And I think she will surpass D as GOAT eventually.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Tina got some love from ESPN and Maya.
"I can't overstate how proud I am of Tina -- just who she's become as a person as well as on the court," said Minnesota's Maya Moore, who played with Charles at UConn and with the national team. "She's done both -- grow as a person and still be an MVP candidate every year."
Liberty's Charles makes everyone around her better

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I watched the Lynx/Liberty game last night and actually enjoyed it. Maya and Syl were awesome again and Tina did a great job for NY, looking as if they could be contenders for the crown. I still think the Lynx win it all this year.

Would like to see Whalen retire after this season and be replaced by Plum (won't happen), who looked really good in her game against the Mystics yesterday. EDD also had a great game.

I don't think there's much WNBA chatter here because it's usually just too damn boring to watch and talk about unless the top 3 or 4 teams are playing IMO.

True, some games are really bad when the shooting is bad. SA comes to mind. But the Sun in particular are really exciting with a non stop engine and multiple
shot makers. And Morgan is back.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
All 12 teams played and some games were very close. No discussion or analysis? How about the Suns and their very nice win over the sky at home? The great games by Alyssa, Courtney, Jonquel, Jasmine? 27 assists on 34 baskets? Oh well.

Sorry too tired after the game and too busy this morning... all fixed. :p

Reaction Score
Seattle is a disaster, except for Stewie, too much matador defense, that's how Stewie got 6 blocks. Many times last night quick shots, and Stewie never touched the ball, which the announcers mentioned, why your best player doesn't touch the ball every time down the floor? It seems every time I watch Seattle, the more it seems their coach is in over her head.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I watched Lynx/Liberty. Great games for Maya and Tina and I agree that Fowles is leading MVP candidate. New York is interesting. Other than Tina they need someone to step up. E.Prince had a good game but they really need 3 scorers consistently which they don't now.

Also watched Storm/Sparks.
Storm--man--i dont know. They have a great PG in Sue Bird and a future MVP in Stewart. They also have Jewell Lloyd but she is very streaky at times. Langhorne is a good double double but they are missing something. I'm thinking it's a 3point shooter. I like Clark but she isn't what they need. I also think they need another post player to sub for Langhorne/Stewie. The way they are playing they could end up with a lottery pick. The 2018 draft will likely be a good draft year so they may have options. They also have to be thinking about bringing in a back up to Sue. Storm have to have a future PG. I was wondering if they would take a shot at Lindsey Allen when NY cut her. Maybe they can get Plum or Schimmel to come home to Pacific NW and play behind Sue for a season. Not sure any of those will fix the problem though. I do think Plum will find her groove eventually. Not so sure about Schimmel.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Wings won their 11th game last night, as many as all last season. With five rookies on the team.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I like the team Dallas has. I think they can be one of the best. If they keep all the key players.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Plum (won't happen), who looked really good in her game against the Mystics yesterday

A few were already giving up on her. She started to get a bit of momentum going before the All Star break. Good to hear she's continuing to build on it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I caught the top 5 WNBA plays of the night on twitter.... was happy to see that my 3 favorite players were represented in the top 5

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Tomorrow, all teams again play. Also the same on Sunday. Not sure putting all games on the same day is good marketing, Staggered schedules allow all games to be seen in real time potentially.

7:00 PM ET
Connecticut Sun
Washington Mystics
NBATV, CSN, CSNHD
Verizon Center

7:00 PM ET
New York Liberty
Indiana Fever
League Pass, WNDY, MSG
Bankers Life Fieldhouse

7:30 PM ET
Minnesota Lynx