No crystal tonight per Justine | The Boneyard

No crystal tonight per Justine

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
No crystal tonight! They want to give her 10 days of rest. Should be a go for Saturday.

Is this pillow talk or public info?? :rolleyes: I hope the team remembers what Guns said about the last time: “We can't go out there and be a bunch of girls.”

Actually, the whole thing is worth repeating:

“We can’t go out there and be a bunch of girls,” UConn guard Crystal Dangerfield said. “We can’t be whining if a call is missed or anything like that. We have to go out there and play. We have to play harder and smarter. When a team is that aggressive, you have more areas to beat them, but we weren’t playing to those strengths. We were playing kind of the way they wanted us to play.

“If somebody says ‘Boo!’ on a layup we were kind of missing them. We were barely being touched and we were looking for fouls to be bailed out. We have to be the ones to initiate contact and go through and finish.”

The Bristol Press - Auriemma dismayed by UConn women's basketball's reaction to UCF's physical style of play

Reaction Score
Centuries ago, I ran inter-collegiate cross country. During my Sophomore year, I developed a case of shin splints. For those who’ve never thusly suffered, it’s had to describe how painful and debilitating this condition can be...not something one can just shake off and play or run through. Rest is the only solution, if there is one, so this is a good plan for Crystal. Hope this respite will be of sufficient duration to do her some good!

Reaction Score
Great decision! Those multi championship folks at UConn are pretty smart! Sometimes hard to tell with the back seat driving on this board at times.
More like they stole the idea from us back seat drivers who have been begging the coaching staff to sit some players for weeks now.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Centuries ago, I ran inter-collegiate cross country. During my Sophomore year, I developed a case of shin splints. For those who’ve never thusly suffered, it’s had to describe how painful and debilitating this condition can be...not something one can just shake off and play or run through. Rest is the only solution, if there is one, so this is a good plan for Crystal. Hope this respite will be of sufficient duration to do her some good!
Shin splints are brutal. If I may interject on your comments that you "ran inter-collegiate cross country". I thought back then, before cars were prevalent, they called that going to school? When did become an actual sport-1920? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
No crystal tonight! They want to give her 10 days of rest. Should be a go for Saturday.
I will be more interested in how Kia plays. Geno said the development of Crystal made a huge difference for Kia.

Reaction Score
Great decision! Those multi championship folks at UConn are pretty smart! Sometimes hard to tell with the back seat driving on this board at times.

Isn't that part of the fun? Nobody's questioning that he is the greatest of all time, but occasionally weighing in from the backseat is part of what keeps us logged on here, no?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I will be more interested in how Kia plays. Geno said the development of Crystal made a huge difference for Kia.
You just have to look at the last game. No Crystal. No problem. Kia starts at pg and runs the offense effectively while putting up 23.

Against Louisville on Monday night, UConn really could use Crystal. Other than that game, I hope Crystal gets as much rest as possible leading up to the Big Dance.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Meg plays more minutes this time and plays smart.

Listen I know people on here don't want to here it but MW has to come out of her fog and start making some plays. We desperately need another guard to step up with an injured Crystal and a Graduating Kia....

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'm hoping Mikayla or Megan get the start if its not Azura'. Megan and Mikayla have the potential to be future starters and need the minutes.

Reaction Score
Don't be surprised that Kyla gets allot of playing time, again, tonight (She definitely deserves the playing time).

You could not be more right. I always liked Kyla's game and determination. Everyone I talk to tell's me what a quality team first girl she is..

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
It wouldn’t surprise me if Mikayla and/or Molly gets some major minutes tonight. If either could do a serviceable job, it would free up Kia. Similarly, if Megan can come in an be effective as before, she would let Geno rest Gabby a little more. But perhaps these things are obvious.

Reaction Score
I sure hope so. Time is running out for MW & Mikayla to make a real impact this season.
And for the often forgotten, Alexis Gordon, who came to us after averaging almost 25 points and almost 10 rebounds per game her senior years in high school!

Reaction Score
Hey, @JustinesGuy

upload_2018-2-7_14-51-29.png

Are you really Justine's guy ...or are you really ...JUSTINE? ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom