No clue defensively | The Boneyard

No clue defensively

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This team right now is clueless on the defensive end. How do you leave a guy open for a 3 two games in a row? We are lucky Yale didn't blow us out with the number of wide open looks they had the entire game. How did they have so many wide open looks yet also have so many wide open layups and also managed to control the boards. We have guys just watching the ball right now and doing nothing.

Phil Nolan - please stop with the flops. You got away with one down the stretch that should have been a block. I'm starting to feel like you should be playing for Duke.

Boatright - I guess you can just blame it on the ankle. Just reminded me so much of the Ryan from the regular season last year. How many times can you try to drive through 2 guys just to have the ball stolen? Second game in a row missing clutch free throws.

They are young and they are beat up but seeing some unsettling habits.

Reaction Score
No clue offensively either. The stand around with you thumb-in-your-ass syndrome is back.

The ally-oop to Brim was working, so why not keep it going.? All else was crepped-up

Reaction Score
This team right now is clueless on the defensive end. How do you leave a guy open for a 3 two games in a row? We are lucky Yale didn't blow us out with the number of wide open looks they had the entire game. How did they have so many wide open looks yet also have so many wide open layups and also managed to control the boards. We have guys just watching the ball right now and doing nothing.

Phil Nolan - please stop with the flops. You got away with one down the stretch that should have been a block. I'm starting to feel like you should be playing for Duke.

Boatright - I guess you can just blame it on the ankle. Just reminded me so much of the Ryan from the regular season last year. How many times can you try to drive through 2 guys just to have the ball stolen? Second game in a row missing clutch free throws.

They held Yale to 45 points. Defense is NOT the problem.

Reaction Score
They held Yale to 45 points. Defense is NOT the problem.
They held Yale to 45 points because Yale couldn't hit the side of a barn with their shot until it counted. They had wide open jumpers the entire night. Not sure what game you watched but it was not good defense. 13 to 1 offensive rebounding edge for Yale falls on our defense.

Reaction Score
We shot 18% from the arc and 66% from the foul line. Yale stole the ball 10 times mostly on blind drives into the teeth of the defense. The fact we got virtually 0 offensive boards while missing so many shots does not fall on our defense, c'mon, that is obviously an offensive deficiency as well. The offense is anemic. That is why we lose. If the offense puts up 50 points we win.

I watched and the "D" was very good in spurts.

Reaction Score
I'm not arguing that the offense was awful too but the defense was just really bad tonight. They had spurts where they turned it up but for the most part they run around like their lost and have no idea who they are supposed to guard.

Reaction Score
I'm not arguing that the offense was awful too but the defense was just really bad tonight. They had spurts where they turned it up but for the most part they run around like their lost and have no idea who they are supposed to guard.

The biggest contribution to this loss was an 8-minute scoring drought in the first half that put us down 13 points.

Without that drought, we have already forgotten this game.

Reaction Score

Did not see the game but statistically looks like a good defensive effort - held Yale to 32% FG and 14% (3-21) 3 pts., we shot 44% and 18%, yet they still lost????

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Texas scored 55
Yale scored 45

it's not about the defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors