No Caroline and no Olivia tonight | Page 4 | The Boneyard

No Caroline and no Olivia tonight

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Aaliyah and Dorka in the pregame starting lineup

Reaction Score
Enormous trouble. I'm afraid more flame throwing coming soon. Need Edwards and Dorka or anyone else to settle down Morrow.
Enormous trouble.

Reaction Score
And who knows if Dorka will play and for how long. I don't see how DeBerry and Piath don't get in this game. Half of the team is unavailable tonight.
… Esp considering Aneesah Morrow’s relentless presence in paint & on backboard.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maria Marino just reported that Caroline is suffering from recurring headaches. That can be so painful!

Reaction Score
(Sarcasm)
In the Villanova game, there were loons ranting about how if Ono was too sick to play she had no business being on the bench infecting others.
Their brains did not allow that there were non contagious injuries.
I thought so but no emoji never sure here

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I pray Aubrey, Caroline, Olivia and Paige will be alright, and have a speedy recovery!! This season seems like when it rains, it pours!!

Reaction Score
Wow, the two most nagging sport’s injuries, groin pulls and concussions. UConn has them both plus one broken leg, which has been healing nicely.
Throw hamstrings in there too!
not the least bit funny.
Geez, lighten up! It was funny, and I’d be willing to bet Caroline would get a kick out of it too!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Thanks for the encouragement. This from a non fan of a rival team folks. Hang in there everyone.
Frankly I don't think the intentions of the poster were all that magnanimous. More of a subtle put-down of our conference, in contrast to their "super tough" SEC.

Reaction Score
Frankly I don't think the intentions of the poster were all that magnanimous. More of a subtle put-down of our conference, in contrast to their "super tough" SEC.
Some SEC fans need a reminder that just because they beat up on one another might make the conference super tough, but it could also mean most are just middle of the road good. And I'm not talking conveniently about this year or last. SC doesn't seem to be finding the SEC much of a gauntlet. They should look at the past couple of decades for perspective where the SEC has only won the championship THREE times despite most years getting 6+ teams in the tournament. AND then there's the reality that in most years UCONN's NON-CONFERENCE schedule CERTAINLY isn't weaker than the SEC. TN played UCF and South Florida and it wasn't easy winning. Tells me that despite the conference they must be competitive teams. Sometimes making it look easy isn't appreciated.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
If I were DeBerry I'd be a little annoyed at having a year of eligibility burned for 22 minutes of game action if the plan all along was to not play until ready whatever that means.
Maybe, and stay with me here, she knows exactly where she stands with the coaches IRT her abilities at this level, and maybe the coaches were straight honest (they were) with her before the season and up to now as to what she can expect based on her execution at practices. The college game, especially the way Geno & staff teach it, is very complex. They don't run a huge amount of set plays, rather, the players are asked to read and react to what the defense is giving. All 5 need to be on the same page with that understanding, so some players come along a little slower than others. Not a knock, it's the reality of the UConn program.

I don't think any player that us unhappy with (waving my hands around) everything, would react as she did on the bench during the Tennessee game. IMHO.

Reaction Score
If I were DeBerry I'd be a little annoyed at having a year of eligibility burned for 22 minutes of game action if the plan all along was to not play until ready whatever that means.

When Gabby Williams didn’t play in the Stanford loss her frosh year she said something like: “I’m mad at myself for not doing more in practice to show the coaches I could help in this game.”

That was a kid who got it.

Reaction Score
Practices are the key. Auriemma always says, "make me play you or make me sit you". DeBerry should be annoyed at herself for not making him play her. If she was kicking some ass in practice, she'd be getting on the floor in games. Simple as that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom