No Aiken tonight for SHU | Page 3 | The Boneyard

No Aiken tonight for SHU

Reaction Score
It is not the same. We’ve played against or will have to play against all those guys. PC was avoiding teams at full strength completely. It’s also that they play a close game against EVERYONE. That’s going to bite them in the butt at some point.
It did bite them because they to Nova last night.

But tell me how Provy is "avoiding teams at full strength completely" when the Big East controls the schedule?

Reaction Score
It did bite them because they to Nova last night.

But tell me how Provy is "avoiding teams at full strength completely" when the Big East controls the schedule?
They didn’t avoid it purposely. But they did avoid it

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
They didn’t avoid it purposely. But they did avoid it
Nor did we purposely avoid outages against, Marquette (1) , nova , seton hall (1), St. John’s (2) , Auburn etc…. Etc.

2 things I hate : injury excuses in regards to teams, and ref excuses . They all even out.

Reaction Score
Nor did we purposely avoid outages against, Marquette (1) , nova , seton hall (1), St. John’s (2) , Auburn etc…. Etc.

2 things I hate : injury excuses in regards to teams, and ref excuses . They all even out.
Other than Marquette what good team has PC beaten with their best players available? We’ve at least beaten Auburn with their top guys.

Im not suggesting they aren’t good. They are. Ive said that multiple times. But their record is inflated imo

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Other than Marquette what good team has PC beaten with their best players available? We’ve at least beaten Auburn with their top guys.
We’ve also lost to hall without yetna.

We got crushed by nova with Moore out and Gillespie ou for most of 2nd half. 2 best players.

You play what’s in front of you and you win or you lose.

I don’t discount our wins against short handed teams do you?

Reaction Score
We’ve also lost to hall without yetna.

We got crushed by nova with Moore out and Gillespie ou for most of 2nd half. 2 best players.

You play what’s in front of you and you win or you lose.
This isn’t an argument for UConn lol. You’re naming role players. I’m saying PC has beaten most of the tournament teams they’ve beaten with those teams BEST player out. Sanogo, the kid from Texas Tech. They’re also going to avoid 3 TOUGH matchups. They also don’t beat anyone convincingly. If we were beating GTown, DePaul, and Butler by 2 or 3 possessions this board would be in shambles. PC have done what they’re supposed to do with the hand they were dealt. We didn’t. It doesn’t mean I have to believe in them. If I’m a 14 seed and I’ve seen PC play nothing but close games to inferior teams, I’m salivating at the opportunity.

Reaction Score
They seem to think highly enough of him to start him when he's available.
He has started in 11 of the 13 games he's played this season. And you're right, their coaches must think highly of him because they're starting him. But if you look at his stats he might not actually be helping the team. But I've only watched the game they played against Kentucky so I don't know enough.

Reaction Score
This isn’t an argument for UConn lol. You’re naming role players. I’m saying PC has beaten most of the tournament teams they’ve beaten with those teams BEST player out. Sanogo, the kid from Texas Tech. They’re also going to avoid 3 TOUGH matchups. They also don’t beat anyone convincingly. If we were beating GTown, DePaul, and Butler by 2 or 3 possessions this board would be in shambles. PC have done what they’re supposed to do with the hand they were dealt. We didn’t. It doesn’t mean I have to believe in them. If I’m a 14 seed and I’ve seen PC play nothing but close games to inferior teams, I’m salivating at the opportunity.
This is just an absurd argument that you're doubling and tripling down on and you're making things up. The best player from Texas Tech wasn't out when Providence beat them. If it wasn't about UConn you wouldn't keep bringing UConn into this.

The idea this board would be in shambles if we were 21-3 and leading the Big East is dumber than dirt. Nobody says you have to believe in Providence hoops this year, I don't think they'll do anything in the tournament but this path you continue to go down is tiresome.

Reaction Score
This is just an absurd argument that you're doubling and tripling down on and you're making things up. The best player from Texas Tech wasn't out when Providence beat them. If it wasn't about UConn you wouldn't keep bringing UConn into this.

The idea this board would be in shambles if we were 21-3 and leading the Big East is dumber than dirt. Nobody says you have to believe in Providence hoops this year, I don't think they'll do anything in the tournament but this path you continue to go down is tiresome.
I said texas tech, i meant wisconsin. I said at least, meaning our accomplisments are just as unimpressive imo. I didn't mention anything about 21-3. I said if we were barely beating the dregs of the league 75% of this board would be down on the team. I've said multiple times their an enigma and hard to commentate on because theyre record isnn't really a good indication of how theyve played imo. I've more than given them their props. You're tired of my argument.....but don't know my argument. You're tired because you're hell bent on disagreeing with me for the sole purpose of disagreeing.

Reaction Score
This really is an absurd argument. Just say you're excited to play Provy and think Uconn can beat them. Everything else you've written just doesn't make much sense.

A final thought: yes Sanogo (which is huge) was out vs Prov. However weren't Friars missing their starting PG Bynum for that game? I don't know if him being out had the same impact as Sanogo but it wasn't meaningless, no? How is Hall doing with no Aiken? How would Uconn do with no Cole?

I'm glad you're a Uconn fan but hope you're not a lawyer in real life.

Reaction Score
This really is an absurd argument. Just say you're excited to play Provy and think Uconn can beat them. Everything else you've written just doesn't make much sense.

A final thought: yes Sanogo (which is huge) was out vs Prov. However weren't Friars missing their starting PG Bynum for that game? I don't know if him being out had the same impact as Sanogo but it wasn't meaningless, no? How is Hall doing with no Aiken? How would Uconn do with no Cole?

I'm glad you're a Uconn fan but hope you're not a lawyer in real life.
PC has won 3 games by more than 15 this season, and they’ve played multiple bad teams. They scored 40 and lost by 18 to a bad Virginia team. They beat NWestern by 5, Fairfield by 7, GTown by 7 and DePaul by 3 after trailing by 13 at home. They’ve beaten 3 teams without their best player and one team with 7 healthy players. They lost by 30 to Marquette. This is all factual and has nothing to do with UConn. Almost everyone plays pc close. It’s been celebrated but that’s not a good thing. Good teams Win? Sure, but great teams destroy bad teams. Pc is good not great. They damn sure ain’t the 8 th best team. Nothing I’ve stated is “absurd”.

Reaction Score
PC has won 3 games by more than 15 this season, and they’ve played multiple bad teams. They scored 40 and lost by 18 to a bad Virginia team. They beat NWestern by 5, Fairfield by 7, GTown by 7 and DePaul by 3 after trailing by 13 at home. They’ve beaten 3 teams without their best player and one team with 7 healthy players. They lost by 30 to Marquette. This is all factual and has nothing to do with UConn. Almost everyone plays pc close. It’s been celebrated but that’s not a good thing. Good teams Win? Sure, but great teams destroy bad teams. Pc is good not great. They damn sure ain’t the 8 th best team. Nothing I’ve stated is “absurd”.
The first rule of holes is that when you are in one you should stop digging. Yet you refuse to put down the shovel.

You're the one who brought up Sanogo. You're the one saying they have beaten nobody good at full strength and then bring up Texas Tech to counter yourself. You're the one saying they are avoiding teams purposely. You're having a self argument if PC is great, good or bad. Everyone else seems to think they are 21-3 and having an unconventionally solid season.

Just say you think Uconn will beat them in the BET, or that the Friars will lose to a 15 seed or that Ed Cooley sucks, or that Friar fans are misguided but stop with the digging.

Reaction Score
The first rule of holes is that when you are in one you should stop digging. Yet you refuse to put down the shovel.

You're the one who brought up Sanogo. You're the one saying they have beaten nobody good at full strength and then bring up Texas Tech to counter yourself. You're the one saying they are avoiding teams purposely. You're having a self argument if PC is great, good or bad. Everyone else seems to think they are 21-3 and having an unconventionally solid season.

Just say you think Uconn will beat them in the BET, or that the Friars will lose to a 15 seed or that Ed Cooley sucks, or that Friar fans are misguided but stop with the digging.
I’ve never said they’re avoiding teams purposefully. I clearly stated I meant Wisconsin not Texas tech. You responded to me and have misrepresented everything I’ve said since. I don’t know if UConn will beat them. You clearly haven’t been here since the beginning of the discussion. You’re just responding to be involved. “Digging a hole” is hilarious. It’s a message board. You keep doing this weird thing of “just say”. It’s weird as hell. And I don’t actually believe any of what you keep saying.

You’re not familiar with my take on PC, I get it. You love responding to everything I post, I get it. But you just come off as a fly. You win, leave me alone in my “hole” lmao

Last edited:
Reaction Score

His arms are gonna fall off from all this digging. I expected he would take your advice but alas he's jumped in the hole and buried himself.

Reaction Score
His arms are gonna fall off from all this digging. I expected he would take your advice but alas he's jumped in the hole and buried himself.
This is a comfortable hole if I ever seen one lmao

Reaction Score
Hadn’t seen this posted in this thread yet, but there’s some talks he could be out for the season. Huge blow for Seton Hall if true. Heard he hasn’t passed a single concussion protocol test yet, so it must be pretty bad.

Also a conspiracy theory going around on Seton Hall twitter about how Aiken not returning is somehow linked to Myles Powells lawsuit with the school. (no clue how these two events could possibly be connected, but a handful of pirates fans seem to think that’s the case)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom