No. 3 Sabrina Ionescu has committed to Oregon. | The Boneyard

No. 3 Sabrina Ionescu has committed to Oregon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Thought she would end up at WAshington. Wonder what Nike has promised her in the future. :)

Reaction Score

I like the way she passes.

I do not like her being on the court with her team leading by 60 :rolleyes:

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Drats! I wanted at Uconn. How's the Oregon program?
Dumpster fire last time I checked and that was a couple years ago (around 2014 when I think we last played them) when they were scoring like 90 a game and giving up like 115 a game. I believe they fired that coach though (old gray haired dude)... then some of the talent dispersed.

Reaction Score
Dumpster fire last time I checked and that was a couple years ago (around 2014 when I think we last played them) when they were scoring like 90 a game and giving up like 115 a game. I believe they fired that coach though (old gray haired dude)... then some of the talent dispersed.
So she wants to stay close to home and play basketball but not necessarily win.

Reaction Score
Few players from out my way played there. I was unfortunate enough to have coached against Jillian Alleyne(sp?) and Jazmin Holiday. We were lucky to hold their Ayala team under 100 points. Their starting 5 all went D1. 2 to Oregon, 2 at UCLA and 1 to West Point. They were fun to watch (if you weren't coaching against them)

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
So she wants to stay close to home and play basketball but not necessarily win.
They hired a new coach since we last played them and went to the WNIT 2015-2016. They made it all the way to the semi-finals but then got curb stomped pretty bad by South Dakota. Based on all the interviews she did it was very apparent she was never going to a perennial power. Seemed like she had a ton of ego. I'm really glad she stayed in the PAC 12 though. That conference is getting better and better.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Oregon had a top-5ish class before Ionescu's verbal, partly based on quantity. Might get rated top-3 now.

Reaction Score
Ionescu, is that Italian? Thought she might fit in Genos wheelhouse.

Reaction Score
Kelly Graves moved from coaching Gonzaga to Oregon in 2014 and has already made good progress. Went 20-9 in regular season and made a deep run in the WNIT. Definitely yet another team on the rise out west.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Congrats to Oregon! Looks like a decent number of teams in the Pac 12 have upgraded in recent years. Should be a fun season if you are a fan of parity in that conference...

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Kelly Graves moved from coaching Gonzaga to Oregon in 2014 and has already made good progress. Went 20-9 in regular season and made a deep run in the WNIT. Definitely yet another team on the rise out west.

They had a good team this year, and had a good chance at an at-large bid to the NCAAs until the ACL injury to Jillian Alleyne, who was the heart and soul of their team. Their regular season fell apart after that. Ionescu will no doubt be the piece around which Graves will rebuild this team over the next four years.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
"bout time! Good luck Sabrina, look forward to watching you play.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Oregon is an improving team but like so many programs play a Pathetic OOC Schedule with the exception of North Carolina. This year they were undefeated entering conference play and then became just an average team in the conference. They lost their first 5 games in Conference Play. They were in the WNIT this year and made it to the semi-finals losing to South Dakota.

Oregon Ducks Women's Basketball 2015-16 Schedule - Ducks Home and Away - ESPN

With the signing of Sabrina Ionescu they'll probably end up with a Top 4 Recruiting class.

Let's see if they improve their OOC Schedule. I suspect not.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Drats! I wanted at Uconn. How's the Oregon program?[/Q
I don't believe Connecticut was ever a consideration for her she always stated rather emphatically that she was to staying on the West Coast.

Reaction Score
I wonder if her ego drove her to ask for incentives. If so, this makes perfect sense. Oregon/Nike and Maryland/Under Armor have both become very suspicious. The slime from the men's game has started to seep into the women's game. I doubt Geno spent any significant effort on this kid, given her reputation. I sorta wish I lived in Oregon and could watch this train wreck unfold live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom