No. 2 UConn Opens Conference Play Tomorrow against SMU

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Link from UConnhuskies.com

Notable for this game:
"With a win on Saturday, 30th-year head coach Geno Auriemmais set to pass Leon Barmore (La. Tech) as the sport’s all-time leader in winning percentage (.8688). The Husky head coach currently stands at 887-134 and is the only coach to win nine national titles in the women’s game."

Awesome!

Aaaaaaaaand:
"Senior forward Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis (Anaheim Hills, Calif.) can make history of her own as she stands just three made 3-pointers behind Husky legend Maya Moore for second all-time on the list (311). Mosqueda-Lewis is shooting an incredible 55.4 percent (31-of-56) from long range this season and boasts a 44.1 career three-point percentage, a mark that is good for second in program history"

Let's celebrate the season by celebrating our Huskies!!

Reaction Score
I gotta make sure I get all of my errands finished before game time tomorrow!! Pretty cool of coach and the winning percentage, if we get that win tomorrow. Also, KML!!! Wow. What an impressive career at UConn. And just an awesome display of shooting. Good luck to our Huskies tomorrow. I can not wait to watch the game.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
For those of us in MST, the game tomorrow starts a little early: 11 a.m. Also, I wanted to note that awhile back I calculated the winning percentage of Huskies games since my wife and I started watching at the beginning of 2003-2004. My current calculations show that in that time through the last victory against UCLA, the Huskies have a record of 386-35, which comes to a winning percentage of, I believe, .917. Amazing.

Reaction Score
Some of my relatives were on the flight from Dfw to bdl with the SMU team which got in at 5 tonight.
I thought teams usually liked to get in a practice the day before a game on an opponents court, but I guess with the holiday things are kinda tight.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Some of my relatives were on the flight from Dfw to bdl with the SMU team which got in at 5 tonight.
I thought teams usually liked to get in a practice the day before a game on an opponents court, but I guess with the holiday things are kinda tight.
They probably wanted to enjoy Christmas in Dallas/at home.

I'm not sure that any amount of practice will help them.

Reaction Score
Just to pile on a bit...
  • Geno was the fastest (tied, actually, with Phillip a.k.a. "Who?" Kahler) WCBB coach to win 600 games accomplishing that feat in 716 games. Record 600-116.
  • He won his next hundred games while losing only six. Record 700-122.
  • Won his next hundred while losing just six again. Record 800-128.
  • Currently Geno is at 877-134 which means he's already lost his allotted six games for this one hundred. If he doesn't win 13 in a row starting today...well, I'm just not ready to entertain that thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom