Nneka - World Championship Taught | The Boneyard

Nneka - World Championship Taught

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Nneka is wonderful:
"Having this gold medal is symbolic of the hard work we put in as a team -- as a family -- "

and

"As the confetti fell and the anthem rang out, I realized that I'd learned what really drives the winning edge: camaraderie, leadership and selflessness"

camaraderie, leadership and selflessness

That should be added to the UConn locker room wall, if it isn't there already.

Thank you Nneka

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
It was great to see her play on this team - she certainly earned it! A truly lovely, talented, smart, hardworking young woman. I would not be surprised to see Chiney join her in the future and have a sister act on the National Team.

B

broadwayVa

It was great to see her play on this team - she certainly earned it! A truly lovely, talented, smart, hardworking young woman. I would not be surprised to see Chiney join her in the future and have a sister act on the National Team.
I was surprised that Chiney was not accepted, this time, for the USA team. She is talented and energetic the only missing attribute was EXPERIENCE at this level. But believe on the 2016 team you shall see Chiney. I was not impressed by Sims, her play seemed self centered and a bit out of control--but that's just me.

Reaction Score
Nneka is wonderful:
"Having this gold medal is symbolic of the hard work we put in as a team -- as a family -- "

and

"As the confetti fell and the anthem rang out, I realized that I'd learned what really drives the winning edge: camaraderie, leadership and selflessness"

camaraderie, leadership and selflessness

That should be added to the UConn locker room wall, if it isn't there already.

Thank you Nneka
Nneka is just great. Another fine ambassador for the league.

It struck me that her comment that she learned what gives one the winning edge are the things the UConn women learn (or get reinforced) in college and bring to the national team. Camaraderie, leadership and selflessness are what define this program.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
It probably came down to Stewart or Chiney. Although Chiney wasn't one of the last ones cut, committee probably knew baring some unforeseen circumstances, they knew they were keeping Stewart when Chiney was cut. Although it wasn't necessary, it was probably Stewart's shooting that was the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom