NJ RB Zaire Williams (2013) | The Boneyard

NJ RB Zaire Williams (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Timber Creek RB Williams will announce on Monday what school he'll verbal to.

Uconn, Wisc, Pitt, WVU, Temple and Iowa are his choices

Reaction Score
If we end up with none of the RB recruits that we've been linked to offering ( Z. Williams, W. Smallwood, L. Smith, J Marcellus, D. Wortham, S. Hoover, J. Marriner ) I'd be disappointed... To me, it would still show that a lot of recruits still look at UCONN football as nothing more than an afterthought... Yeah, I know it's still early in the process, but it would be disappointing nonetheless because we should be looked at by RBs ( at the very least ) as a school they'd wanna play for because we've proven we can run the football... What better opportunity than UCONN to get put on the map toting the rock?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i don't think were really in it for him any more. i am hoping he goes to wvu. that would give them there 2 rb's for this class and give us a better shot at the 2 apb's we have offered this class so far.

Reaction Score
Good call HfD.. but I think one apb is all we need out of the two ( J Marcellus / L Smith )... We need one of the other RBs (workhorse types) too IMO...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i can def see the need for a big rb. i think that was the idea with offering mitchel from nj. when we first offered i said i hope it wasn't as a qb. that wasn't a knock on the kid but hes a ath playing an important position for his hs. rb is interesting on our staffs part considering his offers are mostly on d or at wr. its a interesting strategy to go after him with. he would in time be a big back i think. as most know we will be in it with newsome also next year and he is small(tough but small). so a big back this year or next year is a must most likely. we all heard about joe williams spped wise but he is a good size rb. between him and max i think the staff feels they have the thunder to go with lyle for a year or 2. all of those guys are young so nows its a building depth thing.

also talking the running game, i like frank alot. i feel that clax is good depth for us at that spot but i wouldn't be surprised if we tried clax at a couple different spots. i would like to get the kid from pk ny(forget name), taute from ma or walsh from madison ct as a fb recruit for this class. that would give us great depth there for years to come.

Reaction Score
i don't think were really in it for him any more. i am hoping he goes to wvu. that would give them there 2 rb's for this class and give us a better shot at the 2 apb's we have offered this class so far.
Unfortunately, I have to agree. I know UConn was one of the first to show interest and Zaire and his dad were given a personal tour of the stadium during Junior Day along with only 2 other kids. Since then, there has been no mention of UConn from his dad, who I've met a few times. I also believe Pitt and Temple are out, but who knows for sure. Darkhorse is Rutgers, Timber Creek has special connection with that school. Iowa and WVU are the frontrunners for Zaire.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I have to agree. I know UConn was one of the first to show interest and Zaire and his dad were given a personal tour of the stadium during Junior Day along with only 2 other kids. Since then, there has been no mention of UConn from his dad, who I've met a few times. I also believe Pitt and Temple are out, but who knows for sure. Darkhorse is Rutgers, Timber Creek has special connection with that school. Iowa and WVU are the frontrunners for Zaire.

He most likely ends up at WVU, Rutgers has not offered Williams.

Reaction Score
He most likely ends up at WVU, Rutgers has not offered Williams.
either he or Wendall Smallwood ends up at WVU... that kid loves WVU too from what I've read ( on rivals ).

Reaction Score
Zaire transferred from Cherokee to Timber Creek. Cherokee plays at the highest level (South Jersey Group 4) and I'm extremely biased for a kid that puts up 28tds on that level. He could rush for well over 2,000 this year in the smaller SJ group 3 and TC will be one of the most dominate teams in the state.

Reaction Score
Wiliams to WVU as expected, Gus will probably annouce to Cuse tomorrow, there are still a lot of RB's left

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Wiliams to WVU as expected, Gus will probably annouce to Cuse tomorrow, there are still a lot of RB's left

lol i just posted this basically in the recruit thread. i think were going to land a rb soon just by how the piece are falling now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom