NIT Bracketology | The Boneyard

NIT Bracketology

Reaction Score
I think 18 wins probably guarentee us NIT bid. 17 can be bubbling 16, ehh, not so sure. But, Cinderella me and win the AAC.

Reaction Score
I think 18 wins probably guarentee us NIT bid. 17 can be bubbling 16, ehh, not so sure. But, Cinderella me and win the AAC.

To be honest with how competitive we have been with these top tier conference teams, I wouldn't be shocked by it. If we gain momentum going into the AAC tournament I could see us being the team that steals a bid.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Desperate for some positive developments, would still be annoyed at the NIT. The young guys and the coach need to learn how to win big games.

Reaction Score
Remember how chants of NIT by opposing fans were supposed to make us annoyed ?

At this point, it seems the majority of us would not be annoyed.
I'd still be annoyed that we'd have to listen to that.

But i'd gladly take the NIT bid as a building block for the future. It's improvement.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
No power conference team is going to be an 8 seed in the NIT. Those seeds are almost always for low major schools who win their regular season title but don't win the conference tourney for the AQ. Realistically, there's probably 24-26 at-large NIT spots so I wouldn't get our hopes up too much yet.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Very down year of college basketball. Making the NIT after the past couple years we’ve had would be great.

Reaction Score
No power conference team is going to be an 8 seed in the NIT. Those seeds are almost always for low major schools who win their regular season title but don't win the conference tourney for the AQ. Realistically, there's probably 24-26 at-large NIT spots so I wouldn't get our hopes up too much yet.
I would take a campus intramural tournament at this point. Seriously. Guys need to know pressure of one and out.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
As long as we finish the regular season with a winning record, we will qualify for the NIT. While I don't know how the seeding works, the NIT is out to make as much money possible, and putting UConn as an 8 seed instead of Alabama State (or some other no name school) would help the NIT accomplish that goal.

Finish the season 5-5 and we are in the NIT. Lock it down.

Reaction Score
Oh gross. We are ranked behind Furman. Doubt we get Georgetown in round 1.

Reaction Score
As long as we finish the regular season with a winning record, we will qualify for the NIT. While I don't know how the seeding works, the NIT is out to make as much money possible, and putting UConn as an 8 seed instead of Alabama State (or some other no name school) would help the NIT accomplish that goal.

Finish the season 5-5 and we are in the NIT. Lock it down.
I thought the NIT selection process became a lot more strict over the last 10-15 years. In 2006-2007 we finished 17-14 in the old Big East. We were not selected to the NIT that season. I wouldn’t say the NIT is a lock for us if we finish above .500, especially with so many other big schools having a down year as well.

Reaction Score
They should play every game from here on as one and done. It won't be easy but doable. Earlier poster stated 17-14 wouldn't do it but hopefully if we get there this year we can get a bid , but work to do.

Reaction Score
Need to be first on this...
2020 NIT Final Prediction: UConn v Carolina

2022 NCAA Final Prediction: UConn v Carolina

Reaction Score
Should be a lot of ACC teams in the NIT this year if Joe Lunardi's NCAA brackets are correct . . .

1580928135300.png

How the mighty have fallen!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Remember how chants of NIT by opposing fans were supposed to make us annoyed ?

At this point, it seems the majority of us would not be annoyed.

Yes, I remember, but today I know that focusing on the past is suboptimal, and that accepting reality and being present are healthy, as well as the best path to a best imagined future.

Desperate for some positive developments, would still be annoyed at the NIT. The young guys and the coach need to learn how to win big games.
In a win-or-go-home tournament, every game is a big game.

Reaction Score
Yes, I remember, but today I know that focusing on the past is suboptimal, and that accepting reality and being present are healthy, as well as the best path to a best imagined future.

In a win-or-go-home tournament, every game is a big game.
Maybe we will be lucky and get a 1st round road game so we don’t have an embarrassing home crowd. I’d guess 4500 for an NIT tilt

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom