NIT: 25 Years Ago, UConn, Jim Calhoun Sat On Top Of A Different World | The Boneyard

NIT: 25 Years Ago, UConn, Jim Calhoun Sat On Top Of A Different World

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Don't know why this popped up on www.Courant.com this morning, but it did. No paywall, had me in tears. Of joy. I was there. Boss too one look at me the next morning (living in NYC at the time), told me to go home.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting, awesome read! I was there too and on the court after the game ended. Crazy night and a harbinger of great things to come!!

Reaction Score
Don't know why this popped up on www.Courant.com this morning, but it did. No paywall, had me in tears. Of joy. I was there. Boss too one look at me the next morning (living in NYC at the time), told me to go home.

Uggh! I hate that i missed all that. I became a fan during the 89-90 season when we beat Georgetown and Syracuse. Watched those games and i was hooked. It wouldve been great to see the Calhoun era from the beginning.

Reaction Score
Watch that game on UConnhuskygames .com and you would see how crazy it was. Those days were very cool

Reaction Score
Man, what memories. I paid $12 for a general admission ticket AND a bus ride from the Union to MSG. We were two rows back under the basket and stormed the court. My roommate picked up Murray Williams in a bear hug. Coals were still smoldering in the Jungle quad when we got back in the wee hours.

They did play one other big game in the Field House though, losing to Alan Ogg and UAB in the following year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Jeff King won that VCU game. I don't think I've ever been happier for a player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom