2022 Recruiting: - Nine Schools Remaining for Ty Rodgers | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Nine Schools Remaining for Ty Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Freakin Memphis. They worry me now
According to Verbal Commits, Memphis has three 2022 commitments but only two scholarships. They're already over unless some leaves.

1630850265009.png

Reaction Score
Do any insiders want to chime in about whether or not we are still seriously pursuing Rodgers?

Reaction Score
My uninformed guess is 'nobody', (on purpose), until at least next spring. We have filled our open scholly #13 with Floyd, and the Polley/Whaley positions with Clingan/Karaban. They may have a presumption now, but I think they'll wait to see if either Martin or Cole or both, want to use their Covid year and return. Chance Westry is the only 2022 we have been involved with that I think could improve the team. We are listed as a finalist by him, but I have no idea if we are really working for him.

Since it hasn't appeared we have chased 2022 point guards, my guess is that Cole is expected to stay, and that Martin would be replaced by a 2023 reclass to 2022 next spring/summer, or, a transfer after next season that Hurley or the staff has recruited and has a relationship with but didn't reel in the first time around.

I'd be ecstatic if Bowen or Griffith committed early because of their enthusiasm, but it is as tough to retain a commitment over a long term as it is to get it in the first place. Would expect they need their academic year to nearly close before they know if they are reclass candidates. Not expecting closing anybody until next May to July. These comments are 'grain of salt' vs others who might have a real clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom