OT: - NIL Impact On European Prospects | The Boneyard

OT: NIL Impact On European Prospects

Reaction Score
sensationalized YouTube title for algorithm purposes aside, I thought this video was interesting. seems like higher caliber European prospects might be opting to go to college because NIL money is better than what they can get overseas at their age level. The kid BYU signed Egor Demin is projected as a 2025 lottery pick and usually that type of talent stays overseas, St Johns also just signed a player from Portugal who is considered one of their best prospects. Given the offense I wonder if we start seeing Hurley look that way on the higher end of prospects.

only the first couple of minutes is relevant, he has the year wrong about NIL starting but I follow dude for Eurobasket news and he is pretty legit as far as that region

Reaction Score
I think for the top top guys, like Luka and Wemby, I don't think NIL will be that much of a factor as they are already pros by an early age and iirc, that removes their eligibility.

For the other guys? Probably does influence them but don't think you'll see a big influx of players since European clubs can and will tie them down with a contract if too many prospects leave

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Have schools mostly solved the issue of how to easily get international athletes paid through NIL yet? I know it was a Visa issue as opposed to an NCAA issue, but haven't really followed any progress.

I have to imagine that it's a pretty slim middle ground of guys who are good enough to demand a million in NIL but not good enough to get that money or close to it from a local club. You'd imagine someone from e.g. France would prefer to just stay home if they got 80% of the money there.

awy

Reaction Score
euro and other pro leagues may not give enough minutes to raw but talented players. but the NIL impact is more like, now that NIL is here, monetization of NCAA basketball will rise and this leads to a widening gap between euro league and college pay. There's also economic macro situation as well with the dollar milkshake situation and general euro malaise.

Reaction Score
one of the players referenced that reportedly got a bigger offer to come play in college than stay overseas. impressive highlights

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom