OT: - NIL Deals more than $600 must be approved | The Boneyard

OT: NIL Deals more than $600 must be approved

Reaction Score
Payments $600 and over contractors need to be reported to the IRS. So the NCAA is saying for the purposes of NIL, players will be deemed contractors who have an agreement with the NCAA. Since players will be "working" under the NCAA umbrella, the NCAA is responsible for accounting and reporting payments. It actually can be viewed as a streamlining so the players dont have to deal with accountants and making sure the contracts are legit etc. Right now Im sure nothing is being done by the books and the players could be in for a rude awakening with the taxman. Doesnt seem so outlandish what the NCAA is asking.

Reaction Score
Payments $600 and over contractors need to be reported to the IRS. So the NCAA is saying for the purposes of NIL, players will be deemed contractors who have an agreement with the NCAA. Since players will be "working" under the NCAA umbrella, the NCAA is responsible for accounting and reporting payments. It actually can be viewed as a streamlining so the players dont have to deal with accountants and making sure the contracts are legit etc. Right now Im sure nothing is being done by the books and the players could be in for a rude awakening with the taxman. Doesnt seem so outlandish what the NCAA is asking.
WHy is the NCAA involved though? The contracts are between the payer and the students. Also seems to be an attempt to skirt taxes.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Thanks for this response. I’m really hoping the NCAA can get this kind of thing sorted out eventually. Good to hear a perspective about how this may actually be able to work.

Reaction Score
This is beyond BONKERS!!! NCAA settlement details payouts, revenue sharing

$33m revenue shared with athletes? And some schools are already losing $30-40m a year? And Kessler gets to audit every college's books to make sure they are complying with the payouts in revenue?

Insane.

This annual loss in revenues doesn't even take into account the debt service on facilities.

Some schools are now in the business of losing $90m a year. How is this sustainable?

Reaction Score
The chances of this being enforced are as good as the chance UConn offers me the new 15th scholarship that can be offered
Sorry, I already claimed that one. I decided to forego the $599 in exchange for the great seat at games.

Reactions: MJ1

pj

Reaction Score
The chances of this being enforced are as good as the chance UConn offers me the new 15th scholarship that can be offered

Your NIL demands too high? Your helicopter father too intrusive?

Reaction Score
Your NIL demands too high? Your helicopter father too intrusive?
They met my $12M NIL demands and offered my father an associate head coach position, but unfortunately balked at making my dog the official mascot for half the home games

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
That’s a lot of instagram posts to get to 6 figures lol
Post one story every day for one year, 218k. Imagine how funny it would be if a kid posted the same ad every day, for a year, with slight altercations?

Reaction Score
Post one story every day for one year, 218k. Imagine how funny it would be if a kid posted the same ad every day, for a year, with slight altercations?
Mistakez ken bee phunny.
If you're older than dirt, this is Norm Crosbyesque at its best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom