Nikola Jokic - He's the most unique player I've ever seen in the NBA. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nikola Jokic - He's the most unique player I've ever seen in the NBA.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Incredible talent. Best passing big man ever?

Unless you count Magic, who could certainly play center now, and did once in an NBA finals game as a rookie in 1980.

In Game 6, Magic Johnson played what may have been the greatest game of his career. Playing on the road, Johnson (a 6'9" rookie point guard) started the game at center and eventually played all five positions in a dominating performance.[2] Scoring a game-high 42 points and grabbing a game-high 15 rebounds—and handing out seven assists— Johnson led the Lakers to the NBA crown.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
He's the most unique player I've ever seen in the NBA. 18 assists for the big fella tonight. Another triple double and 42 assists through his first 3 games this season. It's remarkable watching a slow goofy looking guy dominate NBA teams game after game with his vision, creativity, and basketball smarts.
Did you ever watch Sabonis play? That’s who Jokic reminds me of. Too bad Sabonis didn’t get to the nba sooner.

Reaction Score
Sabonis was closest but no big man ever passed like this, no guards pass like this...

You watch this clip and see how much his teammates move and cut knowing he’ll get them the ball. Then you see their exuberance after it connects. That’s team basketball.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Because of the Cold War we never saw the younger version of Arvydas Sabonis, but many NBA types have said he was the best passing big man ever.
I do love Joker though.

He's not your Vydas, he's not my Vydas, he's Arvydas.

I had the same reaction. I remember when he came to the NBA, that was his rep.

I have Jokic on my dynasty fantasy team, so I watch a lot of DEN games. He's amazing.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Between passing and FT shooting, he's close to putting himself in top 5 most "skilled" centers of all time. He's in the Jabbar, Walton and Olajuwon category of doing things people his size aren't supposed to be able to do.

Reaction Score
It's the passing everyone focuses on because we've never seen a big man do it as well as him but this is a pretty damn impressive scoring performance against Goebert who is considered thr best defender in the league and a Jazz team who is on fire...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's the passing everyone focuses on because we've never seen a big man do it as well as him but this is a pretty damn impressive scoring performance against Goebert who is considered thr best defender in the league and a Jazz team who is on fire...

His FG is real good and his FT% is off the charts for a center.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The best description of Jokics game I have heard is telepathic. He knows where everyone is on the court and where they will be at each slice of time for any given possession.

When you watch the highlight film, he makes the no look and once the pass is about halfway to the target his eyes go to where the ball already has gone. It's as if he uses the eyes to reinforce the kinesiology thinking he already has. It's almost like a robot learning AI to make better decision going forward.

Reaction Score
The best description of Jokics game I have heard is telepathic. He knows where everyone is on the court and where they will be at each slice of time for any given possession.
It’s peripheral vision. He sees the court.

Reaction Score
Being 7’ sure helps

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom