Nikki McCray-Penson steps down to focus on her health | The Boneyard

Nikki McCray-Penson steps down to focus on her health

Reaction Score
Prayers for her, and wishing her a complete recovery. Stay strong coach. Prayers also for her family.

Reaction Score
I'm praying for her health. God bless her. Really is heartbreaking.

Oh and they better not flop on this coaching search. But we'll save this discussion for another time.

Reaction Score
Prayers for Coach McCray-Penson and her family. A terrible turn of events - I had thought that Miss State and Penson was set up for a bit of a rebound to a better season this coming season. Last season was a pretty rough start for Nikki - the fanbase was in shock from Schaefer leaving and only a hire of the level of an existing head coach who is either a national title winner or a contender for one for several seasons was going to make the Bulldog fanbase happy about things.

Then the pandemic sort of stunted Nikki and staff's good chance to get the team on the same page and prepared for the SEC schedule. I felt that this season was going to show a substantial rebound forward, and it still may happen even in McCray-Penson's absence - which will only fuel the fires of the Bulldog Nation that Nikki was not a good coach, if it happens. They'll all say that the rebound will be because she's not on the sideline now - if it doesn't happen, they'll blame what she's done in the 1.5 years' time as their HC.

Meanwhile, while I have faith that Nikki will beat this thing down once again, this is only a major blow to her head-coaching career developing. It's a crying shame....

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Prayers, Crossed Fingers and Hoping Good Thoughts for Coach McCray-Penson and her family. Godspeed.

Reaction Score
Dang, I hate this for her. I hope she beats whatever health concerns she has this time around. Also good on her for committing to her health first.

Reaction Score
This is very sad news, I'll keep her & her family in my prayers.

*(&^ cancer.

Reaction Score
While I wasn't a fan by season's end I didn't want her to go out this way. Despite my frustrations and disappointments last season I was willing to see what happened this year with some of "her" players and a new start. As I've reflected I wonder if some of these health issues were present last season and possibly led to a lack of energy or drive that often appeared present on the sidelines.

I hope she fully recovers and is able to continue living her life doing whatever she wishes. I also hope the team rallies together this year in a way they didn't before. It will be a rough patch again if they do not but there is some talent on the roster.

Reaction Score
As her biggest hater and voo doo doll maker wishing one day she'll disappear, its never a good thing for someone to go out like this where her health is in trouble.
Makes you wonder if her illness was a factor in her sit and watch coaching. Here‘s hoping she recover quickly and get another chance as a head coach. I hope MSST spends the funds to get us back to being a factor both for the SEC and NCAA tournaments.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Prayers for Coach McCray. Once a member of the Gamecock family, always a member of the Gamecock family. Want nothing but the best for her.

Reaction Score
Oh no, prayers for Coach McCray and her family and wishing her a full recovery.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom