Nike Payouts - UK | The Boneyard

Nike Payouts - UK

Reaction Score

In a text message exchange on July 6, 2017, with an assistant coach at the University of Kentucky -- identified with only the initials KP in records submitted as exhibits in the federal criminal case -- DeBose wrote that he provided money to about 10 Nike EYBL coaches "who are helping families to the total of about 200K annually."
Kentucky has an assistant coach named Kenny Payne. Neither Payne nor Wildcats coach John Calipari could be reached Friday night for comment.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

In a text message exchange on July 6, 2017, with an assistant coach at the University of Kentucky -- identified with only the initials KP in records submitted as exhibits in the federal criminal case -- DeBose wrote that he provided money to about 10 Nike EYBL coaches "who are helping families to the total of about 200K annually."
Kentucky has an assistant coach named Kenny Payne. Neither Payne nor Wildcats coach John Calipari could be reached Friday night for comment.
Perfect timing. Check out the Cliff Omoruyi thread. Put this there immediately.

Reaction Score

Additional dirt

Reaction Score

SHOCK!!! Where there is Calipari there is recruiting violations?? Pitt, UMass, Memphis and now UK. How could this happen?

Reaction Score

My guess is that's about a tenth of their income from playing at KY. SEC boosters need something to do and it sure ain't KY football.

Reaction Score
You're wrong. The NCAA is moving against them aggressively. Calipari has already been dinged twice with Final 4 removals, and this is the 3rd Strike against him. They are looking at a postseason ban.
I’d eagerly welcome the “I told you so” if/when this proves correct.

I’m also not sure a postseason ban would even do anything to Kentucky. Kids don’t go there to win, they go there to enhance their resume for the NBA. The tournament isn’t their bread and butter, the media and scout attention is, and it won’t stop regardless.

Reaction Score
Yup. Even with a 1 year post-season ban, they'd "only" pull a Top 20 class instead of Top 5. Then back to business the following year.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Considering Cal and recruits don’t care at all about the postseason a ban means nothing. They’ll keep paying one year rentals until they get the death penalty and Cal is put in prison.

Reaction Score
Yup. Even with a 1 year post-season ban, they'd "only" pull a Top 20 class instead of Top 5. Then back to business the following year.

Yes, but players like Omoruyi won't appear in March Madness.

Reaction Score
Oh, please let him end up in prison!!! Then the toothless rednecks can move on to being delusional about another cheating coach. Good lord, did they really imply that another coach cheated? They win the gold medal in the delusional olympics!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I’d eagerly welcome the “I told you so” if/when this proves correct.

I’m also not sure a postseason ban would even do anything to Kentucky. Kids don’t go there to win, they go there to enhance their resume for the NBA. The tournament isn’t their bread and butter, the media and scout attention is, and it won’t stop regardless.

And perhaps cash.

Reaction Score
Cal doing what Cal does best, fleecing BBN. Put a bunch of kids in the NBA and not win titles for 6 million a year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom