Nike, Adidas or Under Armour? Who wears what in FBS – 2017 edition (FootballScoop.com) | The Boneyard

Nike, Adidas or Under Armour? Who wears what in FBS – 2017 edition (FootballScoop.com)

Reaction Score
Nike, Adidas or Under Armour? Who wears what in FBS - 2017 edition - FootballScoop

Total FBS Breakdown
Nike – 76 (58.9%)
Adidas – 30 (23.3%)
Under Armour – 21 (16.3%)
Russell Athletic – 2 (1.6%)

Power 5 Breakdown
Nike – 44 (67.7%)
Under Armour – 11 (16.9%)
Adidas – 9 (13.8%)
Russell Athletic – 1 (1.5%)

American
Central Florida – Nike
Cincinnati – Under Armour
Connecticut – Nike
East Carolina – Adidas
Houston – Nike
Memphis – Nike
Navy – Under Armour
South Florida – Under Armour
SMU – Nike
Temple – Under Armour
Tulane – Nike
Tulsa – Adidas
BREAKDOWN: Nike 6 (50%), Under Armour 4 (33.3%), Adidas 2 (16.7%)

... other conferences in link.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I know our Nike deal is coming up. Anyone know when the current one expires and whether any negotiation is happening?

I view our next apparel deal as critical both in terms of revenue and perception. If we have a top deal it will go a long way toward reinforcing our perception as 'blue chip' athletic department program. If we don't if will go a long way to reinforce the impression that we are an athletic department on the decline.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I just hope we don't go through another radical uniform change, unless we get the block C back.

Let's stick with what we have. Some stability would be nice.

Reaction Score
I know our Nike deal is coming up. Anyone know when the current one expires and whether any negotiation is happening?
Original 10 year contract was signed in 2008.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The Russell Athletic uniforms are pretty sick.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I just hope we don't go through another radical uniform change, unless we get the block C back.

Let's stick with what we have. Some stability would be nice.
Agree, although I'd take an upgrade to the @Penfield white dog:

images

[As an aside, if google Penfield white dog this turns up in images. @Penfield has made the big time.]

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
My guess is that we go UA given DBs deal with them at Auburn and the fact that our last couple of football uniform designs have been a joke. UA seems to give more attention to all of their accounts, at least in designing unique uniform designs and a lot of alternates.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Is the official soft drink of GaTech RC Cola?

This reminds me...has anyone else thought that we look like walking pepsi cans in our new jersey scheme?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I can't really picture us not in Nike but I'm very open to the best suitor

Eh. Tough to imagine ND or Wisconsin or Michigan leaving Adidas at one point too! I would really love to see us in Under Armour.

Reaction Score

I view our next apparel deal as critical both in terms of revenue and perception. If we have a top deal it will go a long way toward reinforcing our perception as 'blue chip' athletic department program. If we don't if will go a long way to reinforce the impression that we are an athletic department on the decline.

Original 10 year contract was signed in 2008.

My guess is that we go UA given DBs deal with them at Auburn and the fact that our last couple of football uniform designs have been a joke. UA seems to give more attention to all of their accounts, at least in designing unique uniform designs and a lot of alternates.

@huskymedic is right the deal expires in June of 2018..here is the Couranrt article form when it was approved by the BOT back in June of 2008:
Uconn Trustees Approve Nike Deal

I had the privilege of talking to Kyle Muncy in the parking lot at the Tulane game last season. I was blunt and asked him about the apparel deal and if UA would be a player. His exact quote was this "The talks have already started on a new shoe/apparel contract and Under Armour doesn't have any money left in the coffers for a school like UConn after their deal with Wisconsin,.....Nike makes a LOT of money off of UConn apparel sales. With the schools they have recently lost to UA and Adidas they are going to step up to keep us"

If you look at the special edition college ID shoes Nike put out this year, the UConn version was one of the more popular shoes. I'm going to go all in on what Kyle said and say that the deal with Nike is going to be renewed. If Nike isn't the choice then someone stepped out of the shadows and is going to pay HUGE $$.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah it looked it up. There are some articles about how recruits don't wanna wear Russel Athletic. Why on earth would Georgia Tech sign a deal with them?
If that's the case, boy have recruits become so spoiled. Auburn, at least, was wearing them around 10 years ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom