Nikas Sneakas | The Boneyard

Nikas Sneakas

Reaction Score
I grow concerned about my investment in Nika’s Sneakas. Last season, all was good. A starter till the injury, besties with PB, competing for a starting slot next season. Now? PB has a new bestie, plenty of articles, postings here, Geno comments about teammates and how good they are all doing but No Nika. We need to start the hype like last year or I’ll be wearing my thread-bare Keds for yet another year.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Paige and Azzi were besties before either went to UConn. Nika and Paige became tight when Paige and Azzi were still besties. Paige and Nika still seem to be twins. Azzi and Caroline were texting back and forth during the UConn games last season. Caroline and Saylor still seem to be twins.

These kids have big hearts. There's plenty of love to go around.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Geno wants Paige to shoot more, and to not wait for “the game to come to her”.

Will he want her doing that from the point guard position? Perhaps, she will certainly play some point guard. But I don’t think UConn has ever had a shoot first point guard, unless you consider Taurasi a point guard. I think it was Conlon after Bird. In any event, I think it is harder to do what Geno wants from the point guard position where you are also trying to get others involved. Possible, but not easy.

Also, the offensive flow was different when Nika was in the game last year. As in better, much better. Defense better as well.

I can’t wait to see Nika, Paige, and Azzi on the floor together. No going to the concession stand then, the hot dog and pretzel will have to wait. Showtime!

One big happy family! Strength in numbers!

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Geno wants Paige to shoot more, and to not wait for “the game to come to her”.

Will he want her doing that from the point guard position? Perhaps, she will certainly play some point guard. But I don’t think UConn has ever had a shoot first point guard, unless you consider Taurasi a point guard. I think it was Conlon after Bird. In any event, I think it is harder to do what Geno wants from the point guard position where you are also trying to get others involved. Possible, but not easy.

Also, the offensive flow was different when Nika was in the game last year. As in better, much better. Defense better as well.

I can’t wait to see Nika, Paige, and Azzi on the floor together. No going to the concession stand then, the hot dog and pretzel will have to wait. Showtime!

One big happy family! Strength in numbers!
I mentioned it a couple of months back. With Paige, Azzi, and Nika on the floor together, Nika will lead the nation in assists.

Reaction Score
Paige and Azzi were besties before either went to UConn. Nika and Paige became tight when Paige and Azzi were still besties. Paige and Nika still seem to be twins. Azzi and Caroline were texting back and forth during the UConn games last season. Caroline and Saylor still seem to be twins.

These kids have big hearts. There's plenty of love to go around.
" There's plenty of love to go around." Yes. But not enough minutes.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
" There's plenty of love to go around." Yes. But not enough minutes.
Am I the only one who remembers starters logging 25 minutes at UConn? There are plenty of minutes. Playing kids 35 minutes plus a game hasn't been been a recipe for success for us. Better to distribute the minutes among the very talented and deep team. Starters stay fresh and the pace is unrelenting.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who remembers starters logging 25 minutes at UConn? There are plenty of minutes. Playing kids 35 minutes plus a game hasn't been been a recipe for success for us. Better to distribute the minutes among the very talented and deep team. Starters stay fresh and the pace is unrelenting.
The key being ready to go 45 minutes (with OT), but getting 25 minutes, knowing full well that sitting is NOT punishment. Sitting will be an opportunity to be cheerleaders, and with crowds that are responsive - it should be an amazing experience!!!

Reaction Score
I grow concerned about my investment in Nika’s Sneakas. Last season, all was good. A starter till the injury, besties with PB, competing for a starting slot next season. Now? PB has a new bestie, plenty of articles, postings here, Geno comments about teammates and how good they are all doing but No Nika. We need to start the hype like last year or I’ll be wearing my thread-bare Keds for yet another year.
Oh the DRAMA.... lets save the drama for your llamas and not try to create things that do not need to be worried about...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom