Nika signed to play in Europe | The Boneyard

Nika signed to play in Europe

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
749F0C57-1693-4F78-8723-B71810815A36.jpeg

Reaction Score
What does this mean? Will Nika be playing in Europe after the WNBA season is over, or will she leave Seatle to play in Europe now?

Reaction Score
As I understand it, their first two seasons of the WNBA players can go to Europe and play, even extend their time overseas if the team they are playing for is good enough to make it to the playoffs, and afterward still come back and play in the WNBA (assuming that they make the WNBA team again). Dorka, just a month ago was an example of that.

Not certain about how that holds up after their first two seasons in the WNBA. I think at that point it they have to be back to the WNBA before the Pre-Season games.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A few years ago several US players said it was not a comfortable place to play, which I found surprising. Hopefully not the case now.

Reaction Score
According to that flyer, it indicates that Nika has signed with Istanbul. Isn't Istanbul where Napheesa Collier plays in the offseason?

Reaction Score
According to that flyer, it indicates that Nika has signed with Istanbul. Isn't Istanbul where Napheesa Collier plays in the offseason?
I guess better stated "had" played, since Collier will almost certainly not be going overseas to play again in the offseason.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Do the European teams play in Russia?

Last edited:

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
Do the European teams play in Russia?
They used to in special tournaments, European events, and for their country teams. Now due war that's all shut down.

Reaction Score
There are at least 4 teams in Istanbul, the most well known are Fenerbahce (where Stewie and Napheesa shined), Galatasaray & Besiktas

Reaction Score
Turkey dominates the EuroLeague since russians clubs and specificaly UMMC Ekaterinbourg are excluded because of the war

Reaction Score
Barbara Turner (Bahar Ozturk) & Bria Hartley have played a lot of years in the turkish league.
Bria has played for Fenerbahce & Galatasaray.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Looks to be a good team, although Fenerbahce is always the powerhouse in Turkey. Dana Evans played with them last year but it looks like she has moved on.

British player Holly Winterburn is also on the roster, played one season at Oregon. She is the same age as Nika and I have a feeling those two will get along well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pretty sure that Collier is a co-principal with Stewart in a new pro three on three league that seems to be positioning itself as an alternative to WNBA players playing overseas. For what it's worth, I believe Geno has an equity stake in it as well.

Reaction Score
What does this mean? Will Nika be playing in Europe after the WNBA season is over, or will she leave Seatle to play in Europe now?
During the W off season.

Reaction Score

There is no basketball in Europe now. The Turkish women’s league has its first regular season games around September 15.

Reaction Score
Looks to be a good team, although Fenerbahce is always the powerhouse in Turkey. Dana Evans played with them last year but it looks like she has moved on.

British player Holly Winterburn is also on the roster, played one season at Oregon. She is the same age as Nika and I have a feeling those two will get along well.
Well, besiktas finished 2nd of the regular season in 2023-24, so more than pretty good

Reaction Score
Well, besiktas finished 2nd of the regular season in 2023-24, so more than pretty good

While Besiktas finished second, it should be noted that their record was 20–8. Fenerbahce was 28–0. Besiktas was closer to the second division than they were to first place. when Huskee11 described them as being “good” (never said pretty good), I think that was accurate.

Note that the Turkish league has a number of bad teams, which creates a situation where a number of teams have good records as well. Very unbalanced.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom