Nika officially earns a spot on the Seattle opening day roster | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nika officially earns a spot on the Seattle opening day roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It appears that I am missing some vital information regarding the number of players on each team in the W. Can someone explain why it’s now 11, instead of 12? Thanks.
Teams can have no more than 12, and no less than 11.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
The infamous Youtuber "Back2sports" has already posted a video admitting he was wrong about Nika, which I will not post, for reasons I will not discuss.

I wonder how much input Sue Bird had on the decision to keep Nika. And I am not inferring that she did not make it on her own.

Reaction Score
Each team must have a minimum of 11 players but no more than 12. It all comes down to how you allocate your salaries to fit under the hard salary cap in the W.
And as Geno said in a past interview 'any great team needs a player like Nika Mühl'. So Seattle just added that important ingredient - not just a player like her but Nika Mühl herself !

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The infamous Youtuber "Back2sports" has already posted a video admitting he was wrong about Nika, which I will not post, for reasons I will not discuss.

I wonder how much input Sue Bird had on the decision to keep Nika. And I am not inferring that she did not make it on her own.
I suspect that Sue never said a word to Noelle Quinn about who should be on the final roster. However, now that Nika’s made the team I would not be surprised if Sue reached out to Nika to let her know that she is available to talk anytime. After all, who knows more about playing pg in the W than Sue Bird?

Reaction Score
Congratulations to Nika. I didn't think she could make it because I didn't think she shot well enough. But she proved me so wrong.
Demonstrates that hard work overcomes all. Congrats!!!!!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Geno is right again. Every team needs someone like Nika!!!!!!

I had no doubts. When Nika steps on the court, she is in charge. That's the way she played her 4 years at UConn. She'll play that same way for the Storm.

Go Nika. Show the WNBA what a take charge PG looks like and plays like.

Reaction Score
If you doubted her then you really weren’t paying attentions. Lots of experts on the WWW.

Reaction Score
YES

Attachments

• IMG_1659.jpeg
    IMG_1659.jpeg
    221.9 KB · Views: 44

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
With all the players that UConn has placed in the W, I don’t think there’s ever been a Husky that’s created more excitement on making a pro roster than Nika. :)
That is probably because she seemed the least likely to even get drafted and did not appear to have all the tools needed to be a WNBA player. All who thought that way were obviously wrong.

Reaction Score
Each team must have a minimum of 11 players but no more than 12. It all comes down to how you allocate your salaries to fit under the hard salary cap in the W.
Thanks for the clear explanation.

Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, Nika can not play tonight in the season opener because she is still waiting for her work visa to be approved……:(
I‘ve never heard of this happening before. Anyone have any more on this? How long does it take to get a work visa?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I‘ve never heard of this happening before. Anyone have any more on this? How long does it take to get a work visa?
So I just looked it up. A green card, allowing an immigrant to work in the US can take up to a year or more. However, it can, and presumably in Nika’s case, is being expedited through the US Citizenship and Immigration Service, which expedites work visas on a case by case basis. So Nika’s ability to play basketball in the WNBA is currently in the hands of a government bureaucracy…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom