Nika Muhl Season Highlight Reel | The Boneyard

Nika Muhl Season Highlight Reel

Reaction Score
Good stroke and touch from the international 3, quick, great handle, has a solid crossover, pull up and left handed finish. What a future backcourt with Paige!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Muhl’s shooting is much improved from last season. Really like how she gets downhill fast off those high ball screens. Good decision maker.

Kept hearing how her shooting (and TO's) are her weak link. I am happy to hear that her shooting is improved. Tried to see her career stats but I am running into difficulties. Can some one post if available?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Kept hearing how her shooting (and TO's) are her weak link. I am happy to hear that her shooting is improved. Tried to see her career stats but I am running into difficulties. Can some one post if available?

Here are her WABA career stats...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Muhl’s shooting is much improved from last season. Really like how she gets downhill fast off those high ball screens. Good decision maker.

Thanks to @Argonaut

1582291919618.png

Unfortunately, her stats seem to show she still has jump shooting range issues and TO etc. I know TO's can be a function of her teammates and Assists are up a bit and TO's are down a bit but it is still a warning sign. Still,, to break into the core UConn lineup, that will need to change. On the plus side, I do like the improvement in FT%

I do not doubt she will get some minutes and push Paige hard but it will take time which is okay. It should.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Couple points that I like about her play. She finds the open player. Has dribble drive penetration and she can create her own shot.
Great avatar!

Having another passer in the system is only a plus for us however, her defensive skills will probably determine how much she plays vs. her offensive prowess as we will have Anna, Paige, Evina and Christyn all as backcourt options. Hopefully Anna can assist her assimilation to US WCBB and more importantly to Geno's style of motivation!

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Hope my understanding that she is on a weak if not the weakest team in the league she plays is correct. To me that would mean she has had to push against better players for the last two years. Causes me to smile.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hope my understanding that she is on a weak if not the weakest team in the league she plays is correct. To me that would mean she has had to push against better players for the last two years. Causes me to smile.
Ranking I am not sure of, but her team lost a huge amount of talent and is not strong.

Reaction Score
Thanks to @Argonaut

View attachment 51061

Unfortunately, her stats seem to show she still has jump shooting range issues and TO etc. I know TO's can be a function of her teammates and Assists are up a bit and TO's are down a bit but it is still a warning sign. Still,, to break into the core UConn lineup, that will need to change. On the plus side, I do like the improvement in FT%

I do not doubt she will get some minutes and push Paige hard but it will take time which is okay. It should.
I agree that TO's plus other stats can be a function of teammates and opposition. As you probably know, it's sometimes difficult to play with and against lesser talented players because many times both are not where you'd expect them to be and it can get a little screwy. And the competition in her videos doesn't look much better than US HS level even if it's supposed to be semi-pro? About her shooting, I look at her mechanics more so than her stats. Her extension and release look better to me than a year ago although there's still some forward and side drift there. So if she can learn to switch her momentum to straight up on her jumpers she could become a better percentage shooter. Fudd does this well and why she's so consistent.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom