Nika Muhl is Fun to Watch | The Boneyard

Nika Muhl is Fun to Watch

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
Every year I pick an underdog freshman to follow during her first year as a Husky. Last year it was Nika. She came all the way overseas to the best program in the country, side by side with the best freshman player we've seen in years, and she did not flinch a bit. Whatever you may think about her basketball skills, there is one undeniable fact about this young lady; she loves to play basketball, and she's a lot of fun to watch. Here's to Nika playing another game today like the last one she played.

Nika.muhl.png

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
It was a pleasing trio against DePaul: I thought Dorka/Aaliyah and Nika had their best games of the year.

We have a nice break till our next game...Xavier on Friday. Sure hope CD and Liv are back for that.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Nika is not only a pure joy to watch, she is the engine that drives the train. Her drive, her hustle, her intensity make it so.

Geno has said she is the leader of the team. Aaliya and Dorka confirmed that Nika is the leader in their post game DePaul interview.

Reaction Score
She’s been great lately, getting more points, making bounce passes, cutting down on turnovers. With the team so shorthanded, her contributions are critical, and all her teammates seem to like and appreciate her.

Reaction Score
Geno has said she is the leader of the team. Aaliya and Dorka confirmed that Nika is the leader in their post game DePaul interview.

I have noticed she is very vocal and demonstrative when on the floor. During team "huddles" she seems to be the driving force with direction and instructions, etc. The kid is an all around joy and I love it when she is on the court - and boy, she can push that ball up the court with determination...!

Reaction Score
Only 78? I listened to Holy Cross games on the radio with my father when Cousy played there.
The Lacrosse field at Holy Cross is named after my late Brother in law, who taught there for years and was chaplain to many of the sports teams, including womens basketball.

Reaction Score
E25933FB-D4F5-4B8E-BA29-8EEB8F0F97BA.gif

Summarizing Nika’s energetic and aggressive behavior toward an opponent on the court. She may seem as harmless as a rabbit but, in reality, is a force to be reckoned with by the other team.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Only 78? I listened to Holy Cross games on the radio with my father when Cousy played there.
I used to play before they invented basketballs. We used to play with boulders. It was nearly impossible to dribble, so passing was much more of an emphasis. And let me tell you, you had to be tough to rebound. We didn’t worry about concussions though. They weren’t invented yet.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
You guys make me feel so young. I’m a year in between the last U S President and the current one, but no plans to run for office. Who is Bob Cousy? Kidding. Saw him play.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Game is on...I was referring to after the game hiatus

Holy Cross dudes: ever seen Jack [The Shot] Foley play? Saw him in a reasonably close win over my alma mater in person. He could..well...really shoot!

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
She’s been great lately, getting more points, making bounce passes, cutting down on turnovers. With the team so shorthanded, her contributions are critical, and all her teammates seem to like and appreciate her.
Yes, well said. And she has cut down on her overt, mostly unnecessary, reactions when a Ref calls a foul on her. It was funny the first four times I saw her do it, but not so much after that. I am glad she's really trying to change this behavior, I am sure with emphatic help from the coaching staff.

Reaction Score
Watching her during the time-outs in the NOVA game told me that she is someone I would want on my team. It looked like she Was ready to break the chair she was sitting on into many tiny pieces. I coached youth basketball and soccer. If I had a kid who played his heart out and cried after a loss, I made a note to try and get him on my team the following year. May not have been the most skilled but effort and emotion is something I wanted his teammates see.

Reaction Score
I like Nika for the same reason I like Marcus Smart on the Celtics. Intangibles. When something is needed they go get it. They are like scrappy shortstops who aren't happy until they head back to the dugout covered with dirt. In their case it's floor burns. Every team needs to have a Nika/Smart to keep them in the game, no matter what.

Reaction Score
Holy Cross dudes: ever seen Jack [The Shot] Foley play? Saw him in a reasonably close win over my alma mater in person. He could..well...really shoot!
I was a couple of years behind Foley at Assumption Prep. I remember one game he started slow, only 9 points in the first half. Finished with 50, long before the 3 pointer. The first time I saw Breanna Stewart's jump shot, I had a flashback. It looked exactly like his.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Recall that Nika told Geno that she would rather get an assist than a basket. He asked why. She replied that, when she gets an assist, 2 people are happy--her and the shooter.

The first videos from Europe that I watched of Nika when she committed, I really liked her energy. When she ran the fast break and the team scored, I thought to myself, "She's celebrating as if she's going to Disneyland!"

Reaction Score
Take a look at the above video, postgame of Marquette 2/5/21. Nika's face is just so expressive, she's irreverent, exuberant and just so present in the moment. She loves her teammates, coachs and representing UCONN and I for one love that she is part of the team.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom