Nika Muhl: Comfy In Her Own Skin | The Boneyard

Nika Muhl: Comfy In Her Own Skin

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm looking for road songs and this pops up! It's like a Nika fillibuster in Polish. I don't know a word of Polish but I watched it and enjoyed just how comfortable and animated she was. It does seem she's a Celtic fan too.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
It appears that her surname is pronounced as “Meel.” (?)

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I'm looking for road songs and this pops up! It's like a Nika fillibuster in Polish. I don't know a word of Polish but I watched it and enjoyed just how comfortable and animated she was. It does seem she's a Celtic fan too.

Perhaps you can't understand her Polish becase she is speaking Croatian.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Hard to say. That guy had an accent.

In the first five seconds, she states her name. I wasn’t referring to the guy at the latter part.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In the first five seconds, she states her name. I wasn’t referring to the guy at the latter part.
Yeah didn't even listen, just going for the snarky comment... sorry?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

When she said it in an English interview it was Mule. Here is was Meel which is what I thought it might be because sometimes I've seen her name with an umlaut.

Reaction Score

2 characteristics of top Uconn players--Confidence and comfortable in their own skin. ONO, CW, DT, Maya, Rene, Stewie, Tuck, Moriah, Danger to name a few. Great company huh?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
When she said it in an English interview it was Mule. Here is was Meel which is what I thought it might be because sometimes I've seen her name with an umlaut.

An umlaut doesn't turn a u into an ee, at least not in German.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Last edited:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
That article is a good read. I really wanted to be a fly on the wall when Nika opened Chris Dailey's e-mail. Her mom cried, she cried, and dad Darko was speechless. They sat in the living room for 5 minutes without speaking! She had 50-55 offers and was down to 4 and UConn wakes up and knocks. I'd be knocked over too.

That’s also the article where it lists which languages she speaks.

Reaction Score
In Europe, people still value honesty and people who are real and genuine. Geno will do well recruiting there. Same goes for Australia. I am surprised he hasn't had more luck there. Perhaps the distance is just too great.

Reaction Score
I caught that, too. Looks like the accent on the "u" changes the way it's said. Any linguists here?

Reaction Score
Based on four years of studying German, I would guess from the spelling it would by pronounced more like a double "o" than a long "u." However, eastern European languages are not in my wheelhouse.

In any case, when she gets to Storrs she will let us all know how she wants her name to be pronounced

If you want a language that has words pronounced nothing like how they are spelled, Gaelic (Irish) would be fantastic for you.;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Based on four years of studying German, I would guess from the spelling it would by pronounced more like a double "o" than a long "u." However, eastern European languages are not in my wheelhouse.

In any case, when she gets to Storrs she will let us all know how she wants her name to be pronounced

If you want a language that has words pronounced nothing like how they are spelled, Gaelic (Irish) would be fantastic for you.;)

Oh, I don't know. She might be good with being called Starter. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom