Nika Muhl and the Croatia U18 Team | The Boneyard

Nika Muhl and the Croatia U18 Team

Reaction Score
The team is in the middle of a month of preparation for the European Championships.

She did not play last weekend in a pair of exhibitions against France's U17 team, but looks to be playing this weekend in their games against Slovenia.

She had 6 points, 8 assists, and 4 steals in 23 minutes in a 50-37 win:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The team is in the middle of a month of preparation for the European Championships.

She did not play last weekend in a pair of exhibitions against France's U17 team, but looks to be playing this weekend in their games against Slovenia.

She had 6 points, 8 assists, and 4 steals in 23 minutes in a 50-37 win:

The 4 steals looks good until you realize her opponent had 40 turnovers....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The 4 steals looks good until you realize her opponent had 40 turnovers....

The bench flooded this game in a merciful warm up and had 15 0f 22 steals. High points from off the bench 10. Bench outscored starters 27-26. Next highest assists to Nika's 8 ... 3 from a sub.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Yeah, the opposition had 40 turnovers. That's 36 outside of her 4 steals, if you're keeping track.

Not sure what Muhl's assist total has to do with the obscene amount of turnovers.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Ah, the beauty of statistics. UConn's team average steals per game last year: 8.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Look, Muhl's been a steal machine over there. It's just that....40 turnovers!

Might crop up on YouTube. Wacky game to be sure. These two U19's squared of in the Fiba EuroFinals last year and Muhl was on that team too. Croatia won it by 20+/-

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Talk about posters who just want to rain on everything this offseason! All these teams are in the FIBA Championships so just like USA vs. Thailand, the team qualified and got spanked. Just note the stats, smile and move on, stop telling us how “immaterial YOU feel” about them. After all this is the offseason and hope is to run eternal at this time. Remember this isn’t a game thread where emotions can run hot during the moment. Thanks for posting and please keep doing so, I and others enjoy the updates and videos! :)

Reaction Score
9 points, 8 rebounds, and 7 assists in 24 minutes in a 69-58 win:

1 steal as Slovenia cut down the turnover total to 19.

After more practices, they will be in Italy for an exhibition tournament next weekend.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Talk about posters who just want to rain on everything this offseason! All these teams are in the FIBA Championships so just like USA vs. Thailand, the team qualified and got spanked. Just note the stats, smile and move on, stop telling us how “immaterial YOU feel” about them. After all this is the offseason and hope is to run eternal at this time. Remember this isn’t a game thread where emotions can run hot during the moment. Thanks for posting and please keep doing so, I and others enjoy the updates and videos! :)

Nobody was raining on anything, but you seem a wee bit hysterical over the situation. That response because I pointed out a team amassed a ludicrous amount of turnovers in a game? Really?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wanna warm up or just watch Nika "the younger" a year ago-ish as Croatia played Sweden. She's #10. Just about to skim ti at least, so I don't know how much she played. In this U 18 team she was a leader and played an average 29 minutes per game, but FTs 58%! Mihaela Lasic (#6), another fine guard from that team, just signed with SF Bulls. As luck would have it (;)) the screen shot has Nika front and center.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
While I destroy a perfectly fine Sunday afternoon with "all things Nika Muhl" it was the FIBA U18 that produced a flood of college offers that fall and a call up for try outs for the Croatia national team, which had been anticipated.

"The moment everybody knew would happen rather sooner than later is here: Nika Mühl received her first call with the Croatian NT at just 17. Even if she doesn’t make the final cut, the experience she will gain from participating to the camp can only be beneficial for her development. The do-it-all teen sensation, known for posting triple and even quadruple doubles on a regular basis at youth level, shines in both Croatian and WABA leagues so far this season with Tresnjevka 2009. In the Adriatic League, after three games, she has already posted twice 11 assists and leads the competition with 10,3 apg! This NT call should come as great motivation for the talented and ambitious PG whose name we will see many more times on the Croatian roster in the future. " 8 rising stars to follow in the #EuroBasketWomen 2019 Qualifiers window - Bluestar Media

Reaction Score
Nobody was raining on anything, but you seem a wee bit hysterical over the situation. That response because I pointed out a team amassed a ludicrous amount of turnovers in a game? Really?
Thanks Slu----I don't give a rats patozi about the turnovers. All I care about is my UConn headed player--how she did and how she looks with a BB in her hand. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Link for the first game of the European U18 Championship against Germany at 2:45pm ET on Saturday:

You can watch it as a replay too if you cannot catch it live.

Reaction Score
Nice. Thanks. Croatia has handled Germany lately.

Reaction Score
Nika looks to have a long way to go before she will see the floor at UConn.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Nika looks to have a long way to go before she will see the floor at UConn.

You're not kidding. I have been a bit, let's say, concerned that she's been piling up stats in games where her teams have won by 40-60 points. In this one, Croatia really doesn't look like it belongs on the same court as Germany. And Nika has been a complete non-factor.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
OTOH, Emily Bessoir has looked really good.

Bessoir has 22 points on 10 shots. She's 5/5 from three and has 7 rebounds, 3 steals, and 0 turnovers.

Now, Croatia isn't any good, but still.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
75-48 Germany over Croatia. Hoping that game was an aberration.

Nika made some plays late against the German bench but also missed an uncontested layup after a steal, her second uncontested miss of the day. She finished with 12 points, 6 rebs, 5 assists, and 5 steals. They only had her with 3 turnovers which seemed low. She forced a bunch of passes in spots where nobody was open and also forced some driving shots that might've been a result of trying to do too much.

She made two jumpers but missed most of them overall, sometimes barely grazing the rim, finishing 5/18 from the field and 2/4 from the foul line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom